Hello from the Berkshires....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrLocke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
Hi Folks, I figured it's time to get my feet wet. I have a 1994 Ram 2500 4X4 V10 MT that I bought in 2012 from a longtime friend of mine. I have known the truck for a while, as I drove it not long after he bought it new. It's been a good truck, although I have had my share of difficulties--mostly electrical. I also had to replace the front axle, as the old one was crispy with rust and the mountings on the tube for the arms, coil spring and sway bar had broken away on the passenger side. I've been keeping up the bodywork as needed as well. That's the name of the game here in MA, where there is plenty of snow, and road salt.

I have had trouble with the ECU and related components, and have discovered the unfortunate condition that there is little parts support either from dealer or aftermarket for this particular model & year. I did manage to get a camshaft position sensor intended for a 1996 to work in mine by reducing the OD of the sensor case and jamming it in the cavity in the chaincase. The ECU still has intermittent issues, particularly when it is hot. I hope to find a spare ECU to have handy, but I am encountering the same road block as I did with the sensor--no parts support.

I will get into the appropriate forum to ask more specific questions.

Other than that it is good to be here, and meet fellow Dodge Ram folks.

Cheers,

Dave

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum, Dave.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome!!! Glad to have you here. There is a lot of knowledge on this site so maybe someone can answer some of your questions.
Jay

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks for joining Dave, it's great to have you here
Tony:rockit:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year