Hello from Va. New Ram owner - previous Ford owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey RF folks, just thought I should introduce myself.

I am new to Ram's as I had owned several Fords. My past Fords were:
'05 F350 CC 6.0
'08 F350 CC 6.4
'11 F150 CC EcoBoost
'13 F150 CC 5.0

I had been hearing about how the Ram trucks had really come a long way with innovations, and refinements. It took a friend to buy a 1500 Laramie Limited to convince me to leave Ford.

On 12/31 I got a deal I couldn't pass and I am now a Ram owner.

BIG difference from my old Fords. This truck is quiet as a tomb and the ride is simply unbelievable. Every day I am in awe that a truck is this nice. Keep in mind that all the Fords I owned were Lariats and were optioned out as is my Ram.

Looking to learn and hopefully contribute to the forum.
So being new to Ram, I might have a ton of questions LOL

I'll post more pics as I get more

Attachments

• IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 58

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome!! Very nice truck.
You went from an eco-boost to a 5.0 before the Ram. Being an owner of both, and being how Ford is pushing the eco hard, whats your take on the difference?? I have zero plans to buy a Ford, just curious from someone who has owned both the eco 6 and 5.0 what their opinions and thoughts are of the two, you compared them in back to back ownership.

Last edited:

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
:wave: Welcome from another denizen of the Old Dominion.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome. Nice truck

vichris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Welcome. Glad to see another one come over from the other side. You'll find more and more good reasons why you made the switch. Gotta love these Mopars. I recently upgraded from a 95 Chevy Silverado. It wasn't really a bad truck ....just got old and needy...........:happy3: This Ram is a huge improvement. By far the best truck I've owned and I've owned a bunch.

16157614167_9c1d1a5c78.jpg

OP
OP
BillR

BillR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Welcome!! Very nice truck.
You went from an eco-boost to a 5.0 before the Ram. Being an owner of both, and being how Ford is pushing the eco hard, whats your take on the difference?? I have zero plans to buy a Ford, just curious from someone who has owned both the eco 6 and 5.0 what their opinions and thoughts are of the two, you compared them in back to back ownership.

The Ecoboost was fast and drove kinda like a diesel. However, it has issues! After getting new software, it felt like 30% of the power was gone. I got out of it into the 5.0. That truck drove like typical V8, but it had a noise that sounded like spark knock, (but wasn't) when outside temps 65-75. Ford kept it a week and said it was normal for the motor BUT gave me thier best extended warranty out of the blue.
I always thought Ford built a good vehicle, but I am impressed with the Ram and am changing my opinion. I just hope it is reliable as my older Fords (which were great). B:)

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks for joining

Tony:head3:

timmypstyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello! I too have went from ford to a new ram on 12/18. So far I'm liking it but had an issue this morning with the truck not realizing I put it in park. It said I was in reverse. After trying over and over I decided to rock the truck and heard a light slam and viola, in park and I could pull the key. Hopefully it doesn't do this again lol.