Info on a 2014 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rattltrunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
None
Good evening everyone,

I am looking into trading in my 2009 Nissan Armada for a 2014 Ram 3.6 SLT 4x4 Outdoorsman. I tow a 24 ft trailer that weighs 4500 lbs so I believe I should be good. How is the normal day to day gas mileage on the 8 speed? Any issues with these rigs?

Right now my Armada gets roughly 12-13 mpg and its killing me plus things left and right keep messing up on us. Is it time to move on?

The thing that is mainly stopping me is the suger high negative equity.

Heres a link to this beauty..

http://www.lokeykia.com/used/Ram/2014-Ram-1500-clearwater-fl-57e00f160a0e0ae77948e5c89658463b.htm

Price is 21,900.

I owe 24 on mine and they are offering 11,500 on mine. Should I just keep my Nissan and suck it up?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd shy away from the deal due to the negative equity as well. It makes the final contract price to you for the Ram way beyond it's value.

I'd stick with the Armada personally even though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to. I just couldn't swallow that kind of a financial hit.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just sell the Nissan and then buy a truck. That kind of negative equity taken into a loan is foolish and short sighted. Just be smart about your finances. Never take negative equity into another loan.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agree with both post above about the negative equity

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes so not worth it at all. Idk if your armada is even worth the 24k due to no additional information but yea don't do it. If you do your loan will be around 35k+ after all fees and the truck will not be worth close to that at all, And eventually your going to continue that cycle when you need a different vehicle and you'll never get out of the debt.

If you really need the truck for your needs your best bet is letting someone else just take over the payments and let you walk away freely.

Good luck

Rambo182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Appreciate it guys.
Ditto on the above responses. Financially it doesn't make sense, unless you have that FU money to toss around. I have basically the same truck and am getting about 17mpg right now in Pa on winter blend gas. 22k is pretty cheap for that truck in my opinion. Be careful of Fuzion tires though. They are complete pieces of crap - cheapest of the cheap.

I am jealous of that outside temperature though!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You would also lose a lot of space, going from the SUV to the quad cab. If you decide on doing it now or later you should highly look for a crew cab your passengers will thank you.

Also take it to other dealerships and hopefully they help you out by giving you a higher trade in offer you'll never know all dealership vary