jersey here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey everyone, names bobby and I've always wanted a truck, but I've had great luck with my 08 wrx and then a 2011 wrx. So two weeks ago, get a letter in the mail, stealership is telling me they want me in a new car, no penalties, blah blah blah, sounds too good to be true. I went there on a whim, figuring hey whats the worst that could happen.

so now I have a beautiful new 2013 ram 1500 4x4 with the big gas guzzling engine! which im already use to thankfully, my WRX was modified so I only got 17-19 mpg on a good day.

I know my way around a car pretty well, but this truck is just so much bigger to work on and is so much easier to maneuver around and under. just have to get use to how far away things are hahaha.

il post some pics, and ive done a few mods and I have some in the mail too. fastNugly hooked me up with parts and some great info already, can't thank him enough!

mod list:
full interior lights to LEDS.(and license plates)
under seat lighting all throughout cab (hate losing stuff..cough)
plasti dip the chrome rims
go rhino sport rack
30 inch double row cree led light bar (14.400 lumen, holy bright..)

in a box at my house : PA 3 inch body lift.
in the mail: HBS 2 inch leveling kit.

now these 2 last mods seem pretty intensive, but for the most part just time consuming. like I said, im pretty mechanically inclined, so I shouldn't have a big problem.. but I don't know the truck that well so hopefully I can think on my feet. ive been reading and reading and reading and watched a few videos too.

enough blab, here are the pics.

the day I brought her home!

image-5.jpg

then a slightly blurry pic..

image-7.jpg

friends house after the final wire up

image-6.jpg

any questions concerns comments ideas. please feel free! thanks!

oh and the reason I was willing to give up the sports car, I have my speed fix here, 09 r6, couple of goodies too.

DSC_3265.jpg

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! You'll love it on this forum. And get lots of ideas to blow money on haha. I love the light bar and roll bar thing.

OP
OP
Nox11

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! You'll love it on this forum. And get lots of ideas to blow money on haha. I love the light bar and roll bar thing.

oh I already know it, Ive already gotten advances on birthday gift and anniversary gift from the lady, hahah I owe her big! and thanks!

ClemsonRam13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Laramie
Engine
6.7 CTD
Welcome to the forum and nice truck! That's the biggest thing I noticed and enjoy about switching from a Nissan Maxima to my truck...plenty of room to maneuver around when working on it.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Welcome man! That's a really nice truck, I can't wait to see how it looks with the lift and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Where in jersey you located? Anywhere close to freehold?

OP
OP
Nox11

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where in jersey you located? Anywhere close to freehold?

I was in freehold on sunday actually. about 20-25min from my domain!. I live in the hazlet, UB, keyport area.

and a big thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I appreciate it, I eagerly await the day I can actually give something back to the forum, for now though it's all learning. also updated the first post with my other ride [=

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good looking truck, I am awaiting my 3" body lift very excited to get it done. I love the rhino sport rack. Damn you adding money to my mod list!

OP
OP
Nox11

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good looking truck, I am awaiting my 3" body lift very excited to get it done. I love the rhino sport rack. Damn you adding money to my mod list!

this weekend for mine!! whoops! I get a lot of compliments on it, really accents the truck well. And I stand out from the other rams around here.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like it, it is affordable so hoping the girl will want to buy to for me as a present haha

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was in freehold on sunday actually. about 20-25min from my domain!. I live in the hazlet, UB, keyport area.

and a big thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I appreciate it, I eagerly await the day I can actually give something back to the forum, for now though it's all learning. also updated the first post with my other ride [=

Well if your ever in the area or need help with some mods let me know

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Welcome from Northern Jersey.

Truck looks great and cannot wait to see how your lift looks on it.

OP
OP
Nox11

Nox11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was the rhino bar easy to install

Very easy, it's just expansion blocks in the front and then a bolt in the back. Nice and sturdy too. And yeah, I got my lady to buy mine too hahahaha

Well if your ever in the area or need help with some mods let me know

Much appreciated!

Welcome from Northern Jersey.

Truck looks great and cannot wait to see how your lift looks on it.

Thanks thanks and me neither! Got all my stuff ready, this rain just has to stop

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome, nice truck