Long-time Dodge owner, first time Ram owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrgr340

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all, name's Steve.

Owned a pile of Dodges in the 15 years I've owned vehicles, definitely always have been and always will be a Mopar guy. First car was a '72 Charger Rallye, numbers-matching 340 4spd, 54k original miles. Still got that one, and probably always will. I've had a whole pile of Dakotas, I'm thinking 10+. Still have a couple of those. Just got rid of a heads/cam/etc '07 Charger R/T for my 2014 Ram. This is actually the first full size truck I've ever had. I've always been big into full size Dodge pickups, just never really had a need for full size, so I was always kind of a Dakota guy. Wanted a newer truck, and since the newest Dakota you can buy that isn't ugly as hell is a 2004, it was Ram time.

Here's a pic the day after I bought it:

Here's a pic from a couple days later when I was able to get it cleaned up a bit:

Was reeeally not a fan of those wheel-to-wheel length stainless nerf bars, so they had to go:

Though I don't normally de-badge stuff, it bugged me that the 4x4 emblem on the tailgate was about the only asymmetrical thing on the truck, so that had to go. Thanks OCD:

Also, didn't waste any time getting my obligatory Mopar decal on it, as well as making it a smidge louder:

So this is where it's at for now, and I'm lovin it so far:

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
Nice! Welcome from WI!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome, nice truck

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I too went from a dakota to a ram. Nice upgrade!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum from LA (Lower Alabama)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony