Looking for Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rscottg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone,

We currently own a 98 Ram 5.9. We bought it a few years ago, as we have a small piece of land and needed something more than a car.

It took me quite a while to find an inexpensive truck that wasn't a disaster. We've owned it for 3 or 4 years or so. It's proven to be a good truck.

I'm not sure if I'm a Dodge truck guy specifically, but I've only bought two, and they're dodges. In high school, I bought a 77 Power Wagon - like the one on Simon and Simon tv show, but a year early in yellow and black. Lot's of fun. 400 in it, and other than the electrical, a tough truck.

I'm looking at some used 1500 Hemis. We just bought a 5500lb camper trailer, and it's going to be too much for the 5.9. It will tow it, but it's going to be a struggle.

I usually tow an open tandem car hauler with a 3000 tractor on it. The 5.9 is okay with that but not great. Last year I towed an enclosed 24' car hauler with the 5.9. I was able to do it, but getting past 50 mph was a chore. I figure it all weight 6000+

So now I'm looking at used hemis.

Scott

Slowhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would love to drop a Hemi in my '95, but it's a challenging task.. There are a couple of guys on YouTube who did the Hemi swap & made it work.

I Had a friend who owned a "77 4x4 SWB Power Wagon that was badazz. It would keep going where the other trucks stopped, but he was a bit crazy too.. lol

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year