Nashville N00b

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietDrThunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all! I'm an old guy, and haven't had a use for a truck in my life since I quit motorcycle racing about 10 years ago...until now. Bought a house on 10 acres that came with two horses, plus my 10 year old has just started on dirt bikes (which got me back on 'em), so, well...I needed a truck again.

I live in rural TN, and as luck would have it, a small used car lot down the street from my house had a 2001 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4, 5.2 with 209k on it for cheap. Mostly ok body, awful dash (obv), mostly ok interior, runs good, and a freshly rebuilt trans for $3500. So, I bought it.

I drove directly from that lot to my lovcal Discount Tire where I already had bought wheels and tires for it, so that's handled (cheapos...this is not a daily driver). Then I dropped it off at a local garage to have it gone through. Turns, out that it does need a few things that aren't cheap (rear end is whining, heater box needs doing, steering box needs replacing), but when I'm done, I should have a solid truck for under $6k...not too bad overall.

Anyway, I'm here for the collective wisdom, and to check out everyone's great trucks. Thanks for having me!

Here it is fresh from the tire shop...more to come.

ram-day-1-small.jpg

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Looks good [emoji1303] from that picture it looks pretty clean

OP
OP
dietDrThunder

dietDrThunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good [emoji1303] from that picture it looks pretty clean

It's pretty ok. As you can expect, it's not really as clean as the picture implies, but it's above average for its age. The other side has a couple of smallish dings, but the paint is in tact, and the tail gate was pranged up at some point, but not too badly. Mostly, it's ok...good enough to be worth fixing a few things and sprucing it up a bit for sure.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A Catch Can can cure all !!! Welcome to the site, many members here that can give you great advice for any issues that may come your way.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963