New to Dodge and the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Gene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I just recently purchased my first ever Dodge RAM. We occasionally pull our 35 ft. fifth wheel around so I went with the Cummins. For the last almost 25 years I had owned F350 crew cab long beds. Before we bought the RAM we looked at, and drove, Fords, Chevys and Dodges. In the end the Dodge seemed to be the best bang for the buck. I had the 6.0 diesel in the Ford we sold and the Cummins is light years ahead of that for power. I think I'll be very pleased with this new engine, and I am already in love with the exhaust brake. I have the new rig all outfitted now, except for the fifth wheel hitch that will come soon. I put a rack on this shell so I can haul my Aquapod marsh boat or my scull boat for duck hunting and still fill the bed with gear. Additionally I was tired of "all terrain" tires clogging with mud or snow merely at the thought of going off-road, so I went with a much more aggtressive tread for my winter tires. I'll find another set of rims and run the stock tires in the summer time. So far I only have one issue with the new truck, that being the dash cluster lights staying on for 45 minutes before turning off, but we'll get that one figured out eventually. I'll include a picture of the new rig, albeit a very dirty new rig. Look forward to interacting with you folks.

Dirty%20Dodge.jpg

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum from LA ( Lower Alabama )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Ram!

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks for joining it's great to have you here
Tony :rockit:

TSINND

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500 6.7
Welcome, Great forum with alot of knowledge to be learned here.