New guy from Calgary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone,

I am pleased to meet you all! I live in Calgary, Canada and I own a 2016 RAM 1500 Sport crewcab. One of my biggest hobbies are car detailing and to me there is nothing more relaxing than hand washing and waxing your vehicle on a sunny warm Sunday.
Aside from detailing I am a complete noob when it comes to technical stuff about vehicles.

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
Welcome from WI!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum from LA (Lower Alabama)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Hello everyone,

I am pleased to meet you all! I live in Calgary, Canada and I own a 2016 RAM 1500 Sport crewcab. One of my biggest hobbies are car detailing and to me there is nothing more relaxing than hand washing and waxing your vehicle on a sunny warm Sunday.

Aside from detailing I am a complete noob when it comes to technical stuff about vehicles.

Welcome! It does suck to be a detailing enthusiast in a city that has banned the use of soap when washing cars. There are plenty of technical guys in the area so if you ever need info there are several Facebook groups like BertaRams, True North Rams, and Badlands that can help ya out.

OP
OP
S

Scry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! It does suck to be a detailing enthusiast in a city that has banned the use of soap when washing cars. There are plenty of technical guys in the area so if you ever need info there are several Facebook groups like BertaRams, True North Rams, and Badlands that can help ya out.

Thanks!

There is one wand wash here in Calgary that does allow you to bring your own buckets, shampoo and washmitts as long as you leave the timer on the machine going (pay by the minute). After a hand wash there I hand dry it in their parking lot and then I drive home and do all the claying and waxing in my garage.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Thanks!

There is one wand wash here in Calgary that does allow you to bring your own buckets, shampoo and washmitts as long as you leave the timer on the machine going (pay by the minute). After a hand wash there I hand dry it in their parking lot and then I drive home and do all the claying and waxing in my garage.

That's how I was doing it for a while as well then I got my new house with a shop and I use a filter sock across the garage door so no soap gets to the street.

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
welcome, im from edmonton! still cold up here haha. didnt know there was a soap ban in calgary.. is that an alberta wide thing?

OP
OP
S

Scry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome, im from edmonton! still cold up here haha. didnt know there was a soap ban in calgary.. is that an alberta wide thing?

Not sure. But it is bylaw in Calgary at least. The ban leaves lots of room for debate. I really don't see the point of it. They say it is bad for the environment if soap gets into the storm drain.
But... the city puts tons and tons of chemicals on the roads in winter. Where do you think that goes to? :roflsquared:

People here are really weird. The cops usually don't care but most of the times it is your neighbor who calls the cops on you when they see you washing your vehicle on your driveway. People have nothing better to do with their lives these days...

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
That's why I wash mine in the shop with the door closed then I can detail it afterwards with the door open.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military