New here! 2017 ram night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ndrszpt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi v8
Hello to all first new car ever and first real truck! I'm in love with her she's a tank I have a few questions. First off for bed liner would a spray in bed liner be ok even if the vehicle is leased? Secondly how do you recommend I go about breaking her in? First oil change at 500 miles? Or wait a few thousand miles and change oil and filter I would probably go full synthetic. I'll post some pics up when I get a chance

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome and congrats on the truck

for the bed liner. You can have a spray in done even though it is a lease - its just money that you can't get back when you turn it in. There are lots of opinions on when you should change the oil. i believe the manufacture recommends the first oil change at 7,000 miles.

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
Welcome from WI! We need a pic of that truck lol... Bedliner I would ask the dealer on that. Break in and first oil change you'll get many different responses I'm guessing. Mine I drove normal with some quick full throttle pulls, like an on ramp. My first oil change was before 1000 miles which is probly too short for the factory fill but I wanted my oil in there to sleep better at night. I'm sure others will chime in. Good luck with the truck!

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome from Boston. I didn't do any special break in oil change, just the standard. Talked to the dealer first, just to be sure and they said no earlier change is necessary.

OP
OP
N

Ndrszpt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi v8
Got mixed reviews dealer sales man said I should change it around the 500 mile mark if I want to keep it in the long run. If not to just do it when the manual said to. I love this big white beast so far, too much gadgets I haven't gotten the hang of completely but I saw we could hack the u connect to stream from our phones but for a whopping 500? Any other options?

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony