New member from Boston with a 2009 Ram SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sneke_Eyez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Powertech
Wanted to just briefly say hi and introduce myself.

I'm Ryan, I'm from the Boston area, and I'm suddenly and unexpectedly the owner of my father's Stone White 2009 Dodge Ram SLT Regular Cab Longbed 4x2 4.7L Powertech.

He passed away in January and left me the truck.

He bought it in 2014 after his 2001 F150 XLT Regular Cab Longbed 4x2 4.2V6 started to rot out pretty badly.

My father had basic requirements for a truck:
Regular Cab
Longbed
4x2 - he didn't like paying for 4x4 when he didn't ever need to use it.
He liked white trucks.
Oh, and it had to be a Ford, though I have always been a Mopar nut and had him coming around.

Trucks like that aren't easy to find in the snowbelt of MA.
People here buy 4x4 trucks. Oh, and they buy them with 4 doors.

So I looked for a truck for him for most of 2014.
Not just Fords, basically anything that was clean and in good shape and fit his requirements and fit my additional requirements of at least cloth seats, power windows, power locks, and keyless entry - because his Ford had those and I thought it was silly for him to have to live without them.

Finally in September, 2014, I found a white 2009 Ram 1500 in the right configuration at a Brockton, MA CJDR Dealer and pounced on it.
It was a former Fastenal truck, but it was clean and in very good shape considering.
My father was pretty amenable to looking at it considering it wasn't a Ford.

The first time he drove it, he was just blown away by it.
He said it was better in every way than his Ford, wanted it immediately, and he absolutely loved it from then on.
He would rave to anyone about what a great truck Ram makes.

The Ram got a few minor mods when my father owned it as he and I were both tinkerers and I intend to keep going with mods.

I have a whole fleet of other Mopars that I spend my time and money on as well, so it'll be a process.

For the truck though, on Monday I installed a 2012 RHR Navigation Unit from a 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland that I got a great deal on:

RHR_zpss1ys2wjz.jpg

Next I am going to try to get the UConnect Phone System working this weekend, then figure out what I want to do for a backup camera, etc.

My Dee-Zee Tailgate assist comes tomorrow.

Then I've gotta find some Stone White Fender Flares.

I'd like to eventually transition the truck to looking like a 2009 1500 Regular Cab Laramie with the OEM fender flares, Laramie wheels, OEM Projector Headlights, Chrome Fog Light Bumper, Heated Laramie Leather, an OEM leather wrapped dash, Leather Heated Steering Wheel with Audio Controls, etc.

I'm looking forward to checking out what the rest of you have done to your trucks and to hopefully assist in learning about what can be done to these 2009-2012 trucks.
I tend to push the envelope when it comes to trying things - that's how I ended up mounting the "wrong" RHR in the dash of my truck and making it look factory.

I'll try to post some pictures of the truck tonight.

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First off, I'm very sorry for the passing of your father, I can only imagine how tough that must be.

Second, welcome to the forum. There is tons of great information here, but more importantly, great members who are very willing to share their knowledge with you.

So post up some pics of the truck and have some fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sneke_Eyez

Sneke_Eyez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Powertech
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Here are a few pictures from the driveway the other night:

Exterior:
20170323_185728_zps0gev5yqz.jpg

20170323_185659_zpswi9o4j2u.jpg

Interior:
20170323_190753_zpsu6kvw9wu.jpg

20170323_190747_zpstkx0fdiz.jpg

For mods you might notice:
The 2013 center console jump seat with the cupholders. The old jump seat without the cupholders just wasn't great. I found a new jump seat in roughly the same color as the existing one and jumped at it.
The homelink rearview mirror. Mirror is about to get replaced with a UConnect mic mirror, then I'll need an overhead console with the homelink buttons.
Dual Exhaust and dual exhaust bumper from a 2012 at the junkyard. The truck was in a minor rear end collision about 6 months ago and it seems the body shop messed up the tip alignment when they repaired it. This needs to be fixed soon, it messes with my OCD.

Just picked up a 2012 front bumper with the fog light cutouts. Gotta get the wiring and light assemblies and then I'll put that on.

Next will likely be fender flares... this truck stuff and having a constant market gets pricey fast!
I am used to working on and modifying Chrysler LH cars with no aftermarket and no parts available on Craigslist!

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ugh, they'll let anybody in this place these days...

OP
OP
Sneke_Eyez

Sneke_Eyez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Powertech
Ha, you got that right, buddy.
Looks like they even let you contribute!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum from LA. (Lower Alabama)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Sorry for your loss, it's great to have you here

Tony

OP
OP
Sneke_Eyez

Sneke_Eyez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Powertech
Thanks everyone! Great to be here!

Welcome neighbor! Milford here. Sorry for the loss of your dad.

Thanks! I see Rams everywhere in MA. Went and bought some new wheels for the truck yesterday and lost count I drove by so many of them.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum and sorry about your loss. I enjoy tinkering on cars with my dad as well. We have come a long way lately with the 13 and up Rams but don't see to many people working with the 09 to 12 Rams. I really like what you have done so far. Thats a nice looking truck! Keep us posted on what you are able to figure out.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum, where around Boston are you from. Malden here. Sorry for your loss, been a rough few months in that regard in my family.

I'm one of those 4 door people around here LOL, sometimes wish I had a long bed though (but not with 4 doors, wouldn't get it in my driveway).