New Member to the RAM fam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey everyone. My name is Steve, I'm from Bonaire GA. I recently purchased a 2013 Crew Cab Express 5.7 and as the username suggest in paint code PX8, black. I traded a 2007 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Nismo. I went with two wheel drive because honestly I never use 4x4. Local dealership was a real pain in the asre and really peed me off with the games they played. Ended up drive out at 15,500 with a hitch, spray in bedliner, and turning my tires blackwalls out. I have the optional chrome wheels with the 275 60r 20's. Really really liked them on the black truck. Current mods other than the factory ones listed are a undercover PX8 lux se bed cover. Check them out if you haven't already. Additional plans for right now are amp powerstep rails. The wife can't hardly get into the truck, which is sort of wierd because my Frontier had a 3" lift on it.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sweet! Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
PX8

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Welcome to RF. Nice trade you won't be disappointed.

Thanks to all. Very Happy. I did have an engine code at 42miles. Engine Knock Sensor, but it threw the code for the sensor only not the engine knock. Turns out it was a loose connection. Gas mileage has been wonderful for such a big truck. I will lose mileage in town compared to the Frontier, but on the hwy so far my experience has been that the mileage is better than the Frontier. The main reason I went with the Dodge over the Frontier was the room. A Frontier's back seat is horrible. Even the quad cab had more room than my Frontier. After a trip in my Dad's ridgeline we started sort of looking at fullsize trucks and then after a trip to Gatlinburg TN with the Father-in-law in the front, Wife in the back, Wife's grandma in back, and barely enough space for all the luggage the Frontier was really on shakey ground. What's everyone's thoughts on flipping the tires black walls out? Yesterday I was looking at the truck and I thought you know the raised letters don't look that bad, but I do like having a smooth profile without a lot of busyness going on. I think I'll flip them for now, and when I need new tires if I like the letters better I'll stick them back out. Sorry for the long post! Just really excited!!!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks to all. Very Happy. I did have an engine code at 42miles. Engine Knock Sensor, but it threw the code for the sensor only not the engine knock. Turns out it was a loose connection. Gas mileage has been wonderful for such a big truck. I will lose mileage in town compared to the Frontier, but on the hwy so far my experience has been that the mileage is better than the Frontier. The main reason I went with the Dodge over the Frontier was the room. A Frontier's back seat is horrible. Even the quad cab had more room than my Frontier. After a trip in my Dad's ridgeline we started sort of looking at fullsize trucks and then after a trip to Gatlinburg TN with the Father-in-law in the front, Wife in the back, Wife's grandma in back, and barely enough space for all the luggage the Frontier was really on shakey ground. What's everyone's thoughts on flipping the tires black walls out? Yesterday I was looking at the truck and I thought you know the raised letters don't look that bad, but I do like having a smooth profile without a lot of busyness going on. I think I'll flip them for now, and when I need new tires if I like the letters better I'll stick them back out. Sorry for the long post! Just really excited!!!
I like the raised whites, but then I'm a little old school. I don't suppose ET mag makes five spoke rims for these trucks? Is ET still in business? Maybe Crager? LOL!

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
WELCOME!!! I am newbie as well to RF....you'll love this place!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf