New Member, Third Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Greetings everybody!

Recently I bought my third Ram. I was sitting here thinking, I never have checked out the forums to see what others have going on with theirs.

My first Ram was a 1998 Dodge Ram Sport, Magnum 5.9. I loved that truck and miss it too this day. I bought her while I was in the Army stationed at Fort Hood back in 2001. I loved nothing more than driving everywhere in that truck and the number of good memories I accumulated made getting rid of it like putting down your dog. Sadly though I had just had the transmission rebuilt for a second time, and then the differential burned up.

My second Ram came to me in January 2010. If anyone in the Mid Atlantic/Northeast remembers, 2009/2010 was a pretty decent winter for snow. I was hating my Wranger (I know that's not a popular statement), but I'm 6'5", it was uncomfortable, and I didn't feel like jacking it up to deal with snow. I traded it in for a Black 2009 Dodge Ram SLT. It had the 4.7. I don't want to dog that motor, because honestly that truck did more than I ever should have asked of it and then some. Truth be told it just could never haul enough, tow enough...or go fast enough for me. But I was comfortable in it and I had my young Daughters convinced it was a trasformer. It was such a rewarding feeling when I paid it off and I bought new rims and tires for it.

Then one day a couple of months ago after Church, my wife made the statement to our friends that we had to get going because we were going to the dealership to buy a new truck. I was surprised but went along with it.

We test drove a few and it came down to three 2500's. The Silver long bed with a 5.7, The Maroon with a Cummins (Still ponder that truck), or the MAXIMUM STEEL with the 6.4. Well, I love saying MAXIMUM STEEL! And I love the look of it. I couldn't justify the Diesel, and my best friend has a 2014 2500 with a 5.7. I had to one up him again!

So after some seperation anxiety from my old truck (mostly the lack of a payment) and an awesome deal, I drove off with the 6.4!

Well...I could go on all day about my trucks but a little about me and the family.

I'm 35. Live in Northern Virginia...I love Virginia but hate D.C. and my proximity to it. Still my Wife Leslie and I were both U.S. Army and we found good jobs in the area. We have 2 Daughters and a Dog. We like camping...or glamping as my wife says. She was adament about the new truck because next we bought a 35 foot Coachmen Freedom Express Camper. I'm so glad I didn't get the long bed...it would have been a nightmare. We are looking forward to towing it down to Disney next year and taking the new Truck and camper on all sorts of adventures.

Some other projects/hobbies, I had a 1968 Dodge Coronet. She met a horrible demise. Still have the 383 in the garage, but need a new B Body. I also rebuilt a 91 Mitsubishi VR4. That thing is the bane of my existence and I cant wait to offload it. Got a 4 wheeler and love taking it up into the mountains when it snows to hit the trails. Noone else is on them at that point. And I don't hunt as much as I used to but I go to the range as much as possible. My wife is an Archer and teaches Archery to Girl Scouts. I guess I'll quit now. I could go on all night.

I look forward to talking Rams with everyone and hope to learn alot.

Ronnie Lee

Attachments

• Max Steel 1.jpg
    Max Steel 1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DRam.jpg
    DRam.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Old N New.jpg
    Old N New.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 46

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum sir and thank you and your wife for your service to our country !

U.S. Army Aviation. ..

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to 6.4 club.. and this Forum, Like you I'm new here too, learning and trading info. MAXIMUM STEEL is a very nice paint job, pictures do not show it true shine. I was looking at that colour but chose BlackGold and I'm not regretting it, I love it when people ask "what colour is that?" My wife, 3 boys and Daughter have put on over 15000Kms on holidays with this truck... Loving it... Safe travels to you and your family.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
:welcome:

Weezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome !!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
I'm also in Northern VA, whereabout? I just got out of the Army after 10 yrs.