New Outdoorsman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StClairHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Guys I am new to this forum but have read it for some time.

I'll start by saying I bought my first Ram in 2013 as a 2014 model, SXT quad cab 4x4. Had a rough country 2.5 lift level installed, put a set of stock sport rims with 325 65r20 BFG K02 on it and had a magnaflow muffler installed. I have loved the truck but have decided to trade it in before I hit the 100k mark.
I picked out a 2017 Outdoorsman which I will be getting later this week hopefully.
Any suggestions on suspension changes? The rough country kit was a little rough for my liking and would like to keep this truck at a more factory ride comfort, but also like the looks of it being a bit beefier.

Thanks for having me, looking forward to lots good threads.

StClairHemi

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I thought they discontinued the Outdoorsman in 2016?

OP
OP
StClairHemi

StClairHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sure hope they didn't lol it came in tonight and I test drove it and I pick it up tomorrow.....has the 3:92 rear gears and the 8 speed torqueflite so she really moves. Not sure what shocks it has but the order sheat says heavy duty rear shocks, so I doubt they are Bilsteans

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When he says bilstiens- he means aftermarket I believe

Last edited:

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ya i put the bilstein 5100 height adjustable front shocks on mine. Back end is still stock for now

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Great truck! Picked up a leftover '16 Outdoorsman about 6 months ago. I haven't done anything to mine yet, but will go with Bilsteins myself.

I thought they discontinued the Outdoorsman in 2016?

In the US, though not sure why. Seemed like a good package deal wise, slotting between the base trims with 44-45 4x4 and the Rebel. I believe the OP is in Canada.

Brianj53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
I bought an Outdoorsman today, I don't go down many rough trails and such, but given what was left for clearout trucks it was the one to get. One thing I will point out, when I took it for a test drive it didn't track down the highway very well, you had to constantly make little steering corrections, which I assumed was because of the off road tires. The salesman put me in a base truck with stock tires and it went down the highway straight as an arrow, he said he would swap the tires if I got it (same 17 inch wheels). That was my only issue, after the test drive I loved the truck. It of course depends what you use it for, and you'd probably get used to the steering, but that is something I noticed in my 15 minutes of experience in an Outdoorsman. I might not have bought it if I didn't resolve the tire issue with the tire swap.