Noob here but not new

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmccarrell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all! I'm currently a proud owner of a 2010 Dodge Challenger, 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 4x4 Laramie Extended cab, a 2008 Dodge Avenger, and a 1982 Tiffin Allegro P30 RV on a Chevy chassis. So needless to say for a Ford guy I have anything but...lol!! However, I do enjoy all my vehicles except for the Avenger being that car was ruined by my daughter after giving it to her for a safe vehicle for her and my grandson. Things we do for our kids I guess.
This forum is seems pretty much dedicated to the trucks and vans it seems. This Ram is the second I've owned but with more doors and a ton more miles. My first was a 2001 Ram 1500 4x4 plain Jane with the 318, long bed and snow plow. Found out from the PO it was a state truck when he bought it which explained the low miles when I bought it. He sold to me for $600 and it only needed new metal brake lines front to back and rust repair. Brake lines got done but rust didn't matter bc of the job the truck was bought for in the first place. She was a good strong truck that never left me stranded.
My current Ram I'm still learning about. She has a lot more options than the last but seems to have less power too. She seems to be in decent shape but she definitely needs some love under the hood. I lived in New York state when I bought the first one so heavy rust came standard on vehicles 2 or more years old...lol. Here in Missouri, at least my area, rust isn't a major concern but is still common. What I've noticed here is mostly rocker rust and wheel well rust on the bed, some worse than others. Mine is one of the better ones in that department.
So far after a week of ownership of this 1999 I've had to replace the ball joints, pita job but not too bad. I'm gonna be doing the rest of the front end to tighten things up being she likes to wander a little bit. My bigger issue with this truck is she seems to be lacking in the power department. Takes what seems like forever to get up to speed on the highway and hates hills at the moment. After doing some research on this forum I think I have it narrowed down to the infamous plenum gasket and the TV cable. So those jobs will be next on the agenda. I bought this truck to tow some things from here to Las Vegas and I need her to do it well. As she sits she doesn't feel like she has half the power my old 2001 with the 318 had. I look forward to using this forum to address any questions I may have as well as help others in need as well.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks for joining

Tony :headbang:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine