Retirement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiefebuary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I'm retiring in a few years and moving to the mountains. I'm starting my research now to decide which truck to buy. The Ram 1500 is one that I am considering. I will be mostly lurking and searching but will chime in when I think I have something relevant to say. Thanks for having me.

BTW, it shows in my profile that I already have a truck. I don't but could not register without listing something.......

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Which trim package are you looking to purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
First WELCOME from Maine
Congrats on your upcoming retirement :) I retired last year and did a ton of research here about the RAM . Had my 2015 RAM1500 4x4 with the Pentastar V 6 alittle over a year ! Rides more like a car then a truck :) and I use my RAM as a car very little use as a truck ll
You will get tons of great info from the gals and guys here and ther are alot of gear heads with great tech advice! So ask away:happy107:

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome, you know when you retire there will be a totally different style of Ram out unless you buy an older one. The other thing is, what part of the country are you moving to the mountains? If you move to the mountains of Montana, please consider a Snowmobile first. lol Are you building a retirement place so you need to haul lumber and such or just the idea of having a truck to get around in?

OP
OP
E

eddiefebuary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Thanks for the welcome. I have no idea what trim package, just started researching. I know the trucks will change in a few years but at least by then I will have more background knowledge in order to make an informed decision.

I'll be moving to the Ga. mountains. I don't think I need an extreme heavy duty. A 4X4 to get up the drive in bad conditions and to tote some things around and bring things home from Home Depot etc.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks for the welcome. I have no idea what trim package, just started researching. I know the trucks will change in a few years but at least by then I will have more background knowledge in order to make an informed decision.

I'll be moving to the Ga. mountains. I don't think I need an extreme heavy duty. A 4X4 to get up the drive in bad conditions and to tote some things around and bring things home from Home Depot etc.

Ga is a beautiful state ! My sister used to live near Stone Mtn. And her best friend lives in Hazelhurst !
My use of my RAM is more like a car then a truck lol, I have 4x4 because of the snow we get and the V6 to save alttle on fuel ! I do not need the HEMI but the newer ones seem to have decent mpg ! Keep asking question and reading the back posts

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome!!!! We will be glad to try to furnish all the info you need in an effort to help you spend your hard earned money--we like doing that--:naughty:
Also congrats on your upcoming retirement---you'll enjoy it
Jay