Thinking about a new Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tangodown001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Still looking
Engine
Dunno yet
Greetings, new member here. Currenly driving a 13 VW GTI. A great car for ure but I am feeling the squeeze for more space. Have an 18month old that is the size of a three yr old and a 9yr old stepson. Kids always seem to have bigger toys than my current cargo area allows and for that matter so does daddy.
Had trucks for my first 8 years or so of driving (a Tacoma and Tundra) and have had smallish sporty cars since. Now that kids are part of the equation and the boy racer in me is dormant more often than not I am looking at trucks again. Looks are huge to me and in a full size truck only the Tundra and Ram 1500 appeal to me. Have test driven both and the Tundra was underwhelming. I instantly like the Ram though. Love Sport trim and am strongly considering making the switch in the next few months.
Wondering what kind of deal you think I could swing based on previous experience. I have seen one with a sticker of 44k advertised for 35k before any haggling based on current incentives. Can't seem to find a Sport without a few grand worth of add ons though. I'd like to snag a double cab 4x2 Sport for 30k out the door give or take. Is that an unreasonable expectation? What kind of deals have you guys been able to pull? Im in Orlando, FL as a point of reference.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The time is fast approaching to start looking for those "leftovers" from the 2015 model year as the 2016s will be coming to the dealer's lots soon.

20% off sticker for a leftover is not uncommon. The longer you wait into the new model year, the steeper the discount on the leftovers. The downside is that the longer you wait, the less chance you will find what you want.

Bundling truck price with sale amendments (extended warranties, service contracts, etc...) can produce a very nice deal.

If you go for a 2016 this fall, I doubt you'll see 20% off sticker.

So keep your eye out for those 2015 model year closeouts!

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site

Tony