13-15 maxtrac 2.5" level**BUYER BEWARE**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I recently had the maxtrac 2.5" level installed on my 15 ram 1500 sport as i was under the impression that it was of higher quality then the others & engineered to resolve any issues others were having with the cv angles & upper control arm issues.WELL i can tell you straight up that i had it professionaly installed at a local napa certified service center & aligned BUT @ freeway speeds it shimmies & is beginning to gradually shimmy / vibrate @ lower & lower speeds,this is happening in 2wd mode too by the way.I am NOT @ all happy as i'm going to have to have it removed in order to hopefully save the suspension,which is costing me the original cost of part $160.00 plus the cost of install & removal $140 x 2 & alignment $80 x 2 plus potential loss of warranty to these parts that have been effected by this POS.Grand total write off=$600.00 yay it's good to me i get to make it rain @ the service center & alignment shops.
I had heard others complain about the vibration issues with other leveling kits & this is why i went ahead & paid what was probably twice what the others paid for a leveling kit to get one that was supposed to have found a better way of producing them ( maxtrac ) but i can assure you it is simply more snake oil,so now you know the rest of the story.I will say one thing in their favor they do NOT ride stiff such as the bills do @ max lift,but who cares if it's destroying your suspension as it surely is since it never had any vibration issues before this install & i AM still on factory wheels / tires,so the only thing that can be causing this issue is directly related to the install of this product.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hear of your experience with the spacer level sir.
Some seem to be pro spacers , others pro Bilsteins.
I went with the bills @2.8 " . I Love em , Leveled me almost perfectly , and my ride is better than stock , not stiff ...imo

I hope Brandonjanson chimes in On what I'm about to say so he can correct me if I'm wrong .
I've seen it explained in the past (just cant remember the spacifics) seems the bills are a better way to avoid the vibration problem some have with a level.
With that said (remember I'm no expert on this subject! ) but if you have vibes/shimmy problems with a spacer , your individual trucks suspension / drive line MAY also have vibes / shimmy with an adjustable shock setup ...not sure .
Hope you get this resolved ! Have you contacted MAX TRAC for warranty support ?

OP
OP
P

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear of your experience with the spacer level sir.
Some seem to be pro spacers , others pro Bilsteins.
I went with the bills @2.8 " . I Love em , Leveled me almost perfectly , and my ride is better than stock , not stiff ...imo

I hope Brandonjanson chimes in On what I'm about to say so he can correct me if I'm wrong .
I've seen it explained in the past (just cant remember the spacifics) seems the bills are a better way to avoid the vibration problem some have with a level.
With that said (remember I'm no expert on this subject! ) but if you have vibes/shimmy problems with a spacer , your individual trucks suspension / drive line MAY also have vibes / shimmy with an adjustable shock setup ...not sure .
Hope you get this resolved ! Have you contacted MAX TRAC for warranty support ?
Thank you for your concern,i really appreciate it.With all due respect the bills that i had ride stiff were installed on a 13 ford f150 fx4 crewcab & i hear mainly good things about their performance on our rams,so with that being said my negativity towards those arose from my prior experience with them on a different platform & subsequently maybe the way they perform on rams is better then how they do on that platform,but it has me nervous about ever using them again.
I'm just extremely disappointed & regret having done anything to my truck,but it is what it is & i can only hope no damage is done before i'm able to remove them.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really hope you find the right product. It's hard to go by others expectations because there not your own. It rides great for me may be crap to you.
I appreciate you coming out and saying what you said about what you had installed. Again I wish you luck in finding what meets your needs and wants.

Sportram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4 CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is a direct quote from "poweredbyhemi "
"I do NOT care what anyone says,bills suck big time.I put them on my 13 & it took a decent riding truck & turned it into a buck wagon,why because the way they're engineered.The more you lift the more the spring gets compressed & the less give it has therefore the firmer the ride.Total junk.
Do yourself a favor & get a maxtrac 2.5" level,it's significantly more expensive then the others but is engineered better."

OP
OP
P

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I really hope you find the right product. It's hard to go by others expectations because there not your own. It rides great for me may be crap to you.
I appreciate you coming out and saying what you said about what you had installed. Again I wish you luck in finding what meets your needs and wants.

You have the 13-15 two piece 2.5" kit & have zero vibration @ all @ any speed?I had none before this,the truck rode absolutely flawlessly which is why i bought it,it was & still is like floating on a cloud compared to my other trucks but you can feel the vibration in the lif of the console & it's not right.I was considering supercharging it but it starts to feel totally unsafe @ around 95 where as it was smooth as silk before.I may just lower the rear with the McGaughys springs to level it without putting strain on the front.Either way i really do appreciate your concern.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol, I think a can of worms has been opened.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol worms everywhere!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^^ lmao :favorites13:

In all seriousness though, theres no way that adding that spacer makes the whole truck shake. I would bet money the alignment is off. Or tire is unbalanced. If shimmy begins at 50 ish, tire balance. If alignment is off and causing vibrations, you should know by 35ish. You most likely wont feel the tire are 35 though.

You would be surprised how many people have a hard time balancing tires. Its actually very easy, but maybe im just a genius :)

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i can tell you straight up that i had it professionaly installed at a local napa certified service center & aligned.

Also, im not sure what you think this means, but there is ZERO reason to believe this is the mack daddy of shops because they are "napa certified".

Do yourself a favor, find a real truck place, and go there. Ideally one that deals with offroad/lifted/semi trucks.

OP
OP
P

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
His choice of shops has to be suspected, they f'd up Bils and Maxtrac. Not buyer beware, forum reader beware...

Dude tge bills were installed on a 13 ford f150 cc fx4 at a fn ford dealership OK.This setup was installed at a napa certified service center & not billy bobs back yard.I am by no means saying that where i had them installed is the ultimate service station just that it was not a hack job.

OP
OP
P

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
^^ lmao :favorites13:

In all seriousness though, theres no way that adding that spacer makes the whole truck shake. I would bet money the alignment is off. Or tire is unbalanced. If shimmy begins at 50 ish, tire balance. If alignment is off and causing vibrations, you should know by 35ish. You most likely wont feel the tire are 35 though.

You would be surprised how many people have a hard time balancing tires. Its actually very easy, but maybe im just a genius :)

It's just a slight vibration at around 60 mph but by 95 it's a fn death wobble.
If i hadn't tried to pass slower traffic it would of barely been noticable,but once i noticed it i gradually went a little faster to see if it would level off or get better or worse & it got worse.
I am going to get another alignment done at another shop just incase the equipment at the 1st shop was off or the tech smudged it.
To anyone who questions the validity of this or to you chumps who want to **** me off, i can arrange a meeting & it all be squashed,to those who are helping i appreciate it & hope that this is an isolated case & is curable,but you have noticed the lack of feedback from the maxtrac rep on here,why because it's a real issue.

Last edited: