1500: Carli 2.0 Commuter vs. Kore HP Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kerryt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
5.7 V8
I can find almost zero information about / experiences with either kit. Anybody running either setup?

From what I gather, the front coilovers and rear shocks are identical Fox units (not sure if valving is the same) and the Carli adds rear springs, panhard drop bracket, and rear swaybar extended links.

The application is a '13 CC Sport package 4WD used on highway, crumbling paved county roads, gravel roads, and rare off pavement excursion. I don't need a trophy truck, pre-runner, or even a Raptor. I just want a non-spacer level with an improved (i.e. more compliant) ride.

Please advise.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish I could help but I'm glad to see Carli finally has stuff for the 1500's. Just to make your choosing more fun, take a look at Thuren, he offers Kings.......

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kings are definitely a superior shock, no offense to anybody with fox. But in this case I would go with Carli. But check out Icon. They have some nice non spacer stuff for rams also

OP
OP
kerryt1

kerryt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
5.7 V8
Wish I could help but I'm glad to see Carli finally has stuff for the 1500's. Just to make your choosing more fun, take a look at Thuren, he offers Kings.......

Never heard of him (not surprising given my lack of experience) but the setup looks legit; thanks for the tip! It's cool that he offers a choice of shock valving. Carli also offers Kings, but I'm not sure my application calls for another $500 over the Commuter w/ Fox, which is $900 more than the Core, Which is $500 more than Bilstein 5100's. Gotta pay to play but I'm not sure where I fit in, especially when there is a void of information.

:favorites13:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any of the choices will be an improvement, just have to decide how much you really want to spend and if the gains are worth it. Ditto the comment about Kings. Ditto Icon too, they' ve had products available for some time.

The reason there isn't much feedback about the Carli, Kore, and Thuren is they all supported the HD's for a long time and are now finally offering some stuff for the 1500's.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I had the cash and the truck to do it I would jump on the King's from Carli or Thuren all day long.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Engine
I can find almost zero information about / experiences with either kit. Anybody running either setup?

From what I gather, the front coilovers and rear shocks are identical Fox units (not sure if valving is the same) and the Carli adds rear springs, panhard drop bracket, and rear swaybar extended links.

The application is a '13 CC Sport package 4WD used on highway, crumbling paved county roads, gravel roads, and rare off pavement excursion. I don't need a trophy truck, pre-runner, or even a Raptor. I just want a non-spacer level with an improved (i.e. more compliant) ride.

Please advise.

If you can go with KORE then you should go. Don't get king Coilovers, I have them and don't like them cause I had different shocks experience. Anyway good luck with your choice.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll be able to give a review of the Fox 2.0 shocks soon. They should be installed this weekend. I did not get new springs for the rear. If I can find a better performing rear coil spring that does not provide any lift, I may consider them. But for now I want to level my truck. Not level it and then lift the rear 1/2-3/4 of an inch.
I do have some doubts on Carli's claim that installing the Fox kit will provide 10" front and 13" rear wheel travel. That is just a little bit less than the first gen Raptor. Maybe it does but its not usable wheel travel?? I dunno?!? I am by no means an expert and because they say it does provide that much, I will gladly tell my friends I have that much wheel travel.

OP
OP
kerryt1

kerryt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
5.7 V8
Kings are definitely a superior shock, no offense to anybody with fox. But in this case I would go with Carli. But check out Icon. They have some nice non spacer stuff for rams also

Good tip, I like that the Icon coilovers are adjustable.

I'll be able to give a review of the Fox 2.0 shocks soon. They should be installed this weekend. I did not get new springs for the rear. If I can find a better performing rear coil spring that does not provide any lift, I may consider them. But for now I want to level my truck. Not level it and then lift the rear 1/2-3/4 of an inch.
I do have some doubts on Carli's claim that installing the Fox kit will provide 10" front and 13" rear wheel travel. That is just a little bit less than the first gen Raptor. Maybe it does but its not usable wheel travel?? I dunno?!? I am by no means an expert and because they say it does provide that much, I will gladly tell my friends I have that much wheel travel.

Looking forward to it, thanks.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also if I had a choice of the Icon, King, Radflo, Or Fox shocks, I would be happy with any of them besides the Icon. Simply because they're a non-reservior shock and if I am spending over $1500 for two shocks, I would want the coolness factor of the reservoir. Both literally and visually. And if I am going that route, might as well spring for the couple hundred bucks for the rebound/compressor adjustable feature too.

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Please advise.

My $0.02 is if you aren't going to do any high speed, off roading you wont notice a significant improvement in road manners for the high end shocks. I have the Stage 3 Thuren tuned Kings and they are amazing, but I have a 2.5 mile dirt driveway that I drive down and back everyday at 35+ mph. The on road handling is definitely better than the stock ride but is it $2,500 better? Noop. For your described application I would just go with Bilsteins and put the extra money toward the next mod. If you wan them for the coolness than definitely go with Kings and if you are going to spend that much money get something custom tuned for your vehicle and driving habits.

With respect to reservoir/non-reservoir the extra volume is just there to help pass heat to atmosphere to keep the shock from fading. I have never worked mine hard enough to need it. Are they awesome? Oh yeah but necessary probably not.

I believe Icon differs from the other options here in that they use a digressive shock valving instead of a progressive valving. I never fully understood the reasoning but they claim better low speed control (maybe for rock crawling?) are the only major shock supplier that does this.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Review/opinions on the Fox 2.0 shocks coming soon. Fronts have been on for a few days. I should be able to get the rears on tonight.
I was not expecting then fronts to be easier than the rear shocks to put on!