2011 Ram Big Horn Lift Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 Ram Big Horn with the 5.7 Hemi engine. Im looking to get a decent lift to be able to fit 35 inch tires on the stock wheels. I was going to get Rough Countrys 3.75 Combo lift/leveling kit, but then i saw some people saying they had problems with it. I was also looking at Bilstein adjustable shocks but I'm not exactly sure which options to choose because they don't have an option for the Big Horn. Any Ideas?

RC 3.75 Combo
3.75in Combo Lift Kit for 09-11 Dodge 4wd 1500 Ram [352] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

Bilstein Shocks
Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks & Struts - Reviews & FREE SHIPPING!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Bils will get you high enough to fit a 35 comfortably. My truck rides more connected I guess with the new shocks over the stock shocks. This will level the truck, you can use the 2.1 or maxed out 2.8 to get 35's under there on stock wheels, its what I have and there are no clearance issues. Dollar for dollar the Bilsteins are a great value.

If you still want the nose down rake you need a rear spacer with the Bilstein shocks or most lift kits will have the factory rake. From here its up to how you want your truck to look.

Im doing a 4 inch front 3 inch rear lift, with the bilsteins at 2.1 combined on my truck to run 37's. This will keep my truck leveled and clear the new tires.

OP
OP
Seth_5.7

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Bils will get you high enough to fit a 35 comfortably. My truck rides more connected I guess with the new shocks over the stock shocks. This will level the truck, you can use the 2.1 or maxed out 2.8 to get 35's under there on stock wheels, its what I have and there are no clearance issues. Dollar for dollar the Bilsteins are a great value.

If you still want the nose down rake you need a rear spacer with the Bilstein shocks or most lift kits will have the factory rake. From here its up to how you want your truck to look.

Im doing a 4 inch front 3 inch rear lift, with the bilsteins at 2.1 combined on my truck to run 37's. This will keep my truck leveled and clear the new tires.

I don't want the nose down rake, i wanted to get it level, and maybe add few inches to the height. If you don't mind me asking, what lift are you combining with the Bilstein shocks?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Havent decided yet. Too much info on the 2 kits RC and Superlifts that it makes it hard.

I assume you have a 4x4. The Bilsteins give it a great look with an AT tire. If you dont need or want 37+ tires then just go with the Bilsteins and you will be good to go. If you want a giant truck then you will need a lift.

I say start with the Bilsteins setup at 2.1 or 2.8 whatever fits your fancy. Get your bigger tires, then figure out if you need more! That is what I did. The 2.8 setting will just slightly nose up the truck, but you gotta look hard to see it. The truck tracks amazingly compared to the stockers.

A lift to be level there are a few that have a staggered 4 inch front 1 inch rear, and 6 inch front with 3 inch rear. Again 200 bucks for the bilsteins is worth it. You will be surprised how much bigger it looks with its nose in the air like a Bull

OP
OP
Seth_5.7

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Havent decided yet. Too much info on the 2 kits RC and Superlifts that it makes it hard.

I assume you have a 4x4. The Bilsteins give it a great look with an AT tire. If you dont need or want 37+ tires then just go with the Bilsteins and you will be good to go. If you want a giant truck then you will need a lift.

I say start with the Bilsteins setup at 2.1 or 2.8 whatever fits your fancy. Get your bigger tires, then figure out if you need more! That is what I did. The 2.8 setting will just slightly nose up the truck, but you gotta look hard to see it. The truck tracks amazingly compared to the stockers.

A lift to be level there are a few that have a staggered 4 inch front 1 inch rear, and 6 inch front with 3 inch rear. Again 200 bucks for the bilsteins is worth it. You will be surprised how much bigger it looks with its nose in the air like a Bull

Thanks man i appreciate the help. Looks like ill be doing just like you said with the Bilsteins, should i get the rears to go along with it?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only have the fronts. The rears do not add height, but I do hear they help sure up the rear end. I have no issues with my tail wagging so I only went with the front set so far. The rears would be better than the factory rears but I havent seen anyone say they were life changing.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing linked in my signature will tell you all you need to know on this subject.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio