2011 Ram Lower Ball Joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went in for an alignment only to find out I've got play in my driver lower ball joint and passenger outer tie rod end is going.

What's the skinny on ball joints for my truck? Press out/in? New lower control arms? What is the go to brand for replacements?

Thanks

2011 RCSB 4x4 Outdoorsman

2k9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm basically in the same boat. I have opted to replace the entire lower control arm. LCA's don't appear to be too pricey, but installation is slated for 4 hours so most of the quotes that I have received with alignment have been around the $900-$1200 range. Seems excessive to me, but I really am not sure what is entailed in replacing them nor do I know if I want to **** around with it. So I'm bringing it on Tuesday.

From my research the Lower Ball Joint can be pressed out\in. Most of what I have read states it's not always the funnest job in the world, but it can be done.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
lower ball joints press in/out. if your bushings are good, id just swap the ball joints. if the bushings need replacing as well, probably cheaper to replace the whole arm.