2013 1500, 5.7 hemi, 4wd,express package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scbamb2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought my first Ram. I traded off my 2010 F 150 for it and so far I couldn't be happier with it.

I just ordered nerf bars and RC fender flares for it. I'm wanting to order the RC 6" suspension lift too.

If i do order that lift, it says the preferred tire size is 37x12.5x20. Is that right? As in they will fit without rubbing?

It has factory rims but I'm also going to order black rims when I order the lift. Should the new rims be 20x9 5/5.5 with a negative offset?

I've been doing research but I'm having trouble clearly understanding.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
They will rub with the more aggressive offsets... website says

◾Wheel BS: 5.5"

So you need 5.5 or less, just depends on how far out you want the tires.

If you want the tires out past the fenders, 35s are probably a better choice with a wider wheel. If you want tires *basically* even with the fenders, could go either way. If you want the tires *slightly* inside the fenders, 37s for sure.

EDIT: After typing this, I saw you got fender flares. So I wouldn't get anything that's positive offset, or it will look dumb IMO. go with something in the -10 or -24 offset range w/37s. It will put you close to even with the flares.

Also what gears do you have?? 37s will suck if you aren't 3.55+

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

scbamb2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a 6" lift out there that is comparable in price to the RC but that would be better?

As far as the gear ratio, I just looked at a towing chart from Dodge. According to it, the 2013 1500 express 4wd only comes in 3.55 or 3.92. So I should be good there. The tradesman and other packages offered different gear ratios but the express 4x4 didnt.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
the RCX kit is fine, they just have this "bad image" because like 10 years ago they went through a slump, but I would say they are the same quality as zone, if not better, and everyone loves those.. you will be fine.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the RCX kit is fine, they just have this "bad image" because like 10 years ago they went through a slump, but I would say they are the same quality as zone, if not better, and everyone loves those.. you will be fine.

I've had this conversation on one too many threads already....

I just gave up lol

Too many zone fanboys on here :naughty: