2014 level issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruffrider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,

Looking at leveling my 2014 ram 1500 sport using adjustable bilstein 5100's. I know 2.8 has been causing issues, but has there been many issues when using the 2.1 settings on these trucks. May also put a small body lift on so I can fit 35 inch tires. I know I can fix the issue by using the zone upper control arms but wasn't sure if it was needed for the 2.1 setting. Thanks for any help

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,

Looking at leveling my 2014 ram 1500 sport using adjustable bilstein 5100's. I know 2.8 has been causing issues, but has there been many issues when using the 2.1 settings on these trucks. May also put a small body lift on so I can fit 35 inch tires. I know I can fix the issue by using the zone upper control arms but wasn't sure if it was needed for the 2.1 setting. Thanks for any help

You should be fine at 2.1 I had them on my 09 set at 2.1 and had no issues. When you get up to 2.8 it put more stress on your cv's.
I heard of a few other guys have issues with their ball joints when levelling but I'm not sure what they were using. I think they were using the coil spacers.

xXAvroArrowXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
'13 and up are popping their UCAs with levels. Some are seeing them pop on install, others a little afterwards. It could cause a real safety issue. For me, when I do my level (no immediate plans) I'm going with the 5100s and the Zone UCAs. I don't want to mess with a safety issue....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
'13 and up are popping their UCAs with levels. Some are seeing them pop on install, others a little afterwards. It could cause a real safety issue. For me, when I do my level (no immediate plans) I'm going with the 5100s and the Zone UCAs. I don't want to mess with a safety issue....

I am waiting for a bit too. See what everyone else is doing and make sure there are no safety issues like you pointed out. Pretty scary stuff.

xXAvroArrowXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am waiting for a bit too. See what everyone else is doing and make sure there are no safety issues like you pointed out. Pretty scary stuff.

Actually I somewhat hope the UCA issue becomes a recall. I'm going to call my Chrysler dealer and get a quote on a level. I'd like t know what they do to alleviate the issue if anything. They'd have to honor my warranty if I got them to do it so......

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually I somewhat hope the UCA issue becomes a recall. I'm going to call my Chrysler dealer and get a quote on a level. I'd like t know what they do to alleviate the issue if anything. They'd have to honor my warranty if I got them to do it so......

Nice. You'll have to keep us posted on what you find out.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Astra9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2014 and just leveled it with the Bilstein's at 2.1". Inspected the ball joints a week later and everything looks fine. However, I did get the Zone UCAs and will install them this week for peace of mind .

BMD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 x1 and 2014 x2
Engine
Hemi
I have two 2014's leveled with rancho quick lift no issues with either checking daily but no issues. 1k miles one and 5k on the other