2015 ram 2500 lift ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YFZR450

Reaction score
Ram Year
2 p 15
Engine
6,7 Diesel
Would like to lift my truck. But...I tow my RV with it and sometimes I tow off road. Very often I get it stuck with the stock tires. So I would like to run a bigger better tire but would like to keep the nice ride and towing ability. Can someone piont me in the right directon lift tire and wheels etc. Thanks

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carli suspensions...

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
+1 on Carli. Another good options are Zone Offroad and BDS system.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Is your trailer a fifth wheel or bumper pull? That will be the key factor in determining the best setup for you. And do you have any idea of how high you want to go or what size tires you want to run?

draken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I would say BDS long arm.. Then after that if the ride doesnt "suit" your needs then piece out parts with carli or thuren suspension.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do you have an open diff? If so its always going to be a problem regardless of what you do. You probably dont want to go more than 4 inches, nor larger than 35s. Depending on how the truck sits now, you could also just level and throw some better tires on and roll.

OP
OP
Y

YFZR450

Reaction score
Ram Year
2 p 15
Engine
6,7 Diesel
The RV is bumper pull. The truck is stock with open diff. Tried to get TruTrac but its not available for the 2015. So I'm thinking minor lift better tire. Like I said still want it to tow and ride nice just tired if getting stuck.lol My duelly just rolled thru the same stuff I get stuck in now and it had street tires Cross Tek on it. And if I do a lift what else do I need? Are the kits complete? I would like a kit with no issues. Also I see kits with alot of additional options do I need this stuff? Thanks

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyone has a difference of opinion.. some have experience behind that opinion. If I was going to pull the trigger- I would go with the carli commuter/backcountry and throw all their extra goodies " track bar" torsion sway bar" radius arms" and call it good. But that's my opinion

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much do u want to invest? are you going to keep it for a long time? these are all questions you should ask your self.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
so personally, i would never spend the money on a carli kit. Not the 2" one anyways. I dont have any experience with it, I dont know how awesome it is, im not saying its not the Jenna Jameson of lifts... im simply stating I just couldnt justify the price. If you can, then thats the choice I would make.

For us common folk, I would recommend BDS. Its still on the higher cost side of the "basic lifts", but its one of the higher end kits. And I still recommend the 4", with some 35s. It will look awesome, and still drive pretty reasonable.

The kit is complete as far as lifting, but you have too other common issues with these trucks. Steering and ball joints. Some people never have issues, some constantly.

Carli makes lifetime warranty ball joints. And they arnet that expensive IMO for what you get. (you probably dont need these anytime soon, im just tossing it out there though)

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The nice thing about the carli is the springs only squat a tiny bit more under full pay load, and the ride is way better than stock. With the radius arms you pick up I believe 4 inches of travel. It isn't going to lift the truck massively in the air like the bds. All depends on what you are looking for. Like silver surfer said it all depends on what you want. I have had a standard 6 inch lift before- if I lift my ram I want more travel than the zone/bds/fab tech/ rough country kits provide. It would suit my needs better. If u are wanting to go with a traditional lift then definitely go bds.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
It's really going to come down to cost and what the OP has budgeted. Then just a matter of finding that line between cost and quality to determine the right setup.

While Carli is very high quality stuff I personally couldn't justify spending the money they want for the Commuter or Back Country kit for such a small gain in height. In my opinion BDS is a much more reasonable price point for the quality of the lift you're getting and the end result. But again, all depends on what the OP is trying to accomplish here.