2015 Ram EcoDiesel - Adding plow question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys! Haven't been on for a while but have a question. My boss recently purchased a 2015 Ram EcoDiesel and wants to add a plow to it which he wants to lift the front suspension to handle the extra weight. The plow and bracket to mount it with weighs 400lbs. What should he use for the front suspension lift to handle the extra weight? I wanted to try to keep him away from the "Hockey puck" leveling kit but if that's what he needs, than that's what he needs. I didn't know if Bil's would work or not as well. Let me know what you guys come up with. I'd appreciate it!

Adam

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1500s aren't really meant for plows but I think any leveling kit would work. If you're doing bilsteins then I'd set them at 2.8 because they're going to sag with an extra 400 lbs on the very front. Poly kits, like daystar and stuff, would probably cushion the ride a little since they have some give. But I would probably stay away from metal spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
One issue I've heard of against snow plowing with the 1500 is if the truck has the BW 44-44 transfer case(if it has the "Auto 4X4" button). It can wreck the clutch that drives the front wheels, resulting in transfer case overheating warnings.
I think Timbren offers a front kit.

OP
OP
Drummin4jc

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Coil bag for front cost under 200 for the set gives1000 lb of lift

I would also like to see a link to these so I can forward them to my boss, sir.

One issue I've heard of against snow plowing with the 1500 is if the truck has the BW 44-44 transfer case(if it has the "Auto 4X4" button). It can wreck the clutch that drives the front wheels, resulting in transfer case overheating warnings.
I think Timbren offers a front kit.

The only plowing he is going to be doing is his personal driveway. It is a little long but he's not going to be using it constantly if that is any consolation. But I will be sure to let him know. Thank you!

Adam

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I plowed with my 12 1500 crew cab sport. I used a western 7'6" midweight. All I had as far as front lift/level whatever you wanna call it was a 2in readylift spacer. Truck plowed awesome.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
not something i would be doing with that truck but timbrens are probably the best bet, with or without the leveling kit.