2016 2500 6.4 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Here we go, I want to hear what others are running for a lift. My wife has been giving me crap that the front end of the truck scrapes the ground so it's lift time. I use the truck to tow my boat and 26 ft camper at times. I do not want more than 5 inches of lift and will end up with 35s on this truck as well. I looked up rough country since that's what I put my my 2015 Silverado.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well the good news is you have a lot of options. But I will just toss my thoughts out:

1) Thuren springs and call it a day. Rear is optional. (they have 6.4 springs now)
2) BDS 4 link kit (I wouldn't get the basic kit, see below)
3) Zone basic kit (might as well save money vs BDS if you aren't getting the 4 link kit)
4) I haven't seen any reviews, but superlift 4" with Bilsteins could be good? Might only be cummins though, not sure on this one.
5) I wouldn't do rough country or fabtech on this application, theres just better options for the same money.

Thuren would arguably ride the best, but its only going to give you a 2.5-3" lift. The majority of ride depends on the tire, but if you get their shocks it will handle the bumps and potholes smoother than any off the shelf shock. BDS 4 link with fox shocks is the best bang for buck IMO, but as I stated if you aren't going to the 4 link kit, I would just save money with the zone lift. You would probably want to upgrade shocks on the zone kit though while I'm thinking about it, so maybe buying the BDS drop kit with fox isn't so bad.

3-4" looks the best with 35s IMO, I wouldn't go much higher especially if you run a normal offset wheel.

You might enjoy:

http://www.ramforum.com/f158/lifting_my_2016_ram_3500_a-72413/

http://www.ramforum.com/f40/2016_ram_2500_megacab-85325/

They are bigger than you want, but....

Last edited:

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All I wanted to do was get rid of the rake so I leveled mine with a Tuff Country #32909 kit. The truck is tall enough for my tastes and if I had gone any higher, I'd never hear the end of it from my short wife. :)

I have the rear self-leveling air system and didn't wanna mess with that at all as I like how it works.

OP
OP
Ram-engineer

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Well the good news is you have a lot of options. But I will just toss my thoughts out:

1) Thuren springs and call it a day. Rear is optional. (they have 6.4 springs now)
2) BDS 4 link kit (I wouldn't get the basic kit, see below)
3) Zone basic kit (might as well save money vs BDS if you aren't getting the 4 link kit)
4) I haven't seen any reviews, but superlift 4" with Bilsteins could be good? Might only be cummins though, not sure on this one.
5) I wouldn't do rough country or fabtech on this application, theres just better options for the same money.

Thuren would arguably ride the best, but its only going to give you a 2.5-3" lift. The majority of ride depends on the tire, but if you get their shocks it will handle the bumps and potholes smoother than any off the shelf shock. BDS 4 link with fox shocks is the best bang for buck IMO, but as I stated if you aren't going to the 4 link kit, I would just save money with the zone lift. You would probably want to upgrade shocks on the zone kit though while I'm thinking about it, so maybe buying the BDS drop kit with fox isn't so bad.

3-4" looks the best with 35s IMO, I wouldn't go much higher especially if you run a normal offset wheel.

You might enjoy:

http://www.ramforum.com/f158/lifting_my_2016_ram_3500_a-72413/

http://www.ramforum.com/f40/2016_ram_2500_megacab-85325/

They are bigger than you want, but....
Thuren spring's where can I check them out? I am searching from Google and not pulling them up to look into them. I am not afraid of replacing the 4 link or and of the kits I just want quality they will last 50k miles.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
uhh it might not be on the website yet... they have a blue pw they swapped springs on with 37s on their Instagram... it looks pretty good. Its like a 1" lift on the powerwagon, but the outcome would be the same for you height wise. Let me see if I can find some stuff. There is a guy on here with a black truck, he posted in the HD section a little bit ago. Ill find that thread too.

I don't see them on the thuren website, so you might have to call. I know they exist. See below for the blue truck:

http://www.ramforum.com/f158/thuren_suspension_6_4l-86225/index5.html

if you keep reading that thread, on the next or so page, the black truck has them with spacers also to make it 5". But for 35s, I would just use the springs and do the 3". I would also get an adjustable track bar, theres no reason to skimp out on that and its only 400 bucks or less. As to whether or not you need control arm drops, it seems to be debateable at that amounf of lift. worst case scenario you get control arm drop from BDS or something.

Maybe someone will chime in who knows about that, the HD section might yield better results. Or if you call Thuren, I'm sure they can tell you if you need control arm modification for just the springs. I doubt it but its worth looking at. Maybe I will call, I'm kind of curious too.

Last edited:

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish Thuren made level coils for my 5.7 Hemi 2500. Just want a level to run 35s, so just have a RCX Spacer for now. Only had the truck for 3,000 miles or so, so far, so time will tell where it goes. Happy with the setup so far. Want to upgrade shocks soon, coils hopefully eventually b0f1a0c437a2be06da27dfa8246ba646.jpg763427fef688437afe375a30ac325925.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
As Silversurfer said, I'd stay away from Rough Country or any spacer type lift kit for an application like this. You'll be far better off spending some more money and getting a proper kit. If you want to simply level then Thuren coils and longer shocks are a great option for sure. If you want a full lift kit then I'd go BDS hands down. They're making some of the best kits available for Ram's and you won't be disappointed.

ramessesII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the Thuren Hemi coils and Overland shocks installed and it is very nice. I recommend their adjustable track bar as well. Just give them a call or email -they're easy to deal with.

Good luck.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking of getting Power Wagon coils. Just have to find some

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have Thuren gas coils and kings, this truck is so damn fun! As mentioned, if you want leveled buy PW front coils, if you want 3" buy Thuren.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mean, i got the RCX kit knowing it would be temporary only being $99 and seeming to be solid for what it is. The weekend after I leveled my truck and got my wheels and tires put on I got the news I'm gonna be a daddy lol. I planned to do a 4" 4 link BDS but with a baby on the way I just want to get at least new shocks all the way around. There's no negative consequences for running the 2.5 RCX and 5100s is there? Other than it could be better?

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I've used several RCX products over the years and have always been happy with their performance. Sure, there are better but there are also a lot worse. You just need to be honest about what your want, need and are getting. I have the RCX 5 inch lift on my truck. I wanted and got increased ride height. Nothing more, nothing less. It rides and drives like stock, just taller. I didn't gain increased suspension travel, better ride quality or better handling. Sure other kits could have improved all of the above, but it would have been at a higher cost.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm currently running RCX 2 1/2" coil spacer,4aef92417366332c8390bf402bfc886d.jpgshock extensions,2a117a753b189572e154ed8d7a4fd25e.jpg and steering brace 8a52fcbe010028f0fc97d0f0c239dbca.jpg

This is my first time I use RCX products, I've always used Skyjacker & Superlift.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
PW coils will get you 2" of additional up travel instead of premature coil bind.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that's the route I'm going to go. Going to try and get a price on them

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I mean, i got the RCX kit knowing it would be temporary only being $99 and seeming to be solid for what it is. The weekend after I leveled my truck and got my wheels and tires put on I got the news I'm gonna be a daddy lol. I planned to do a 4" 4 link BDS but with a baby on the way I just want to get at least new shocks all the way around. There's no negative consequences for running the 2.5 RCX and 5100s is there? Other than it could be better?

That's correct. Definitely no issues running that setup other than it could be better. It's not like it's going to fall apart or anything like that. New shocks will definitely help with the ride quality as well. If you want a quote on them shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll get you taken care of.

Congrats on being a future daddy! :waytogo:

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's correct. Definitely no issues running that setup other than it could be better. It's not like it's going to fall apart or anything like that. New shocks will definitely help with the ride quality as well. If you want a quote on them shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll get you taken care of.

Congrats on being a future daddy! :waytogo:

I'm gonna do new shocks by the end of the year. Maybe my birthday beginning of November. I'll shoot you an email!

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got quoted at $80.28ea for Power Wagon coils from my local dealer.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What track bar should I get?