2016 Prerunner style setup.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thiago

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys I have a 2016 sport crew cab 4x4 that I have been gathering some parts for it. I will be installing everything sometime next week and will upload pictures as I go.

I initially was going with fox 2.0s all the way around the truck but after finding out about 10-12 week wait on the coilovers I changed directions.

I kind put this kit together with different brands and shall see how it rides.

What I got so far. :naughty:

35x12.5R17 Maxxis Trepador Radials
17" XD129 Holeshot wheels
Icon rear Coil springs
Icon Stage 1 coilovers and shocks (waiting on these should be here 10/10)
CST UCAs
Carli rear track bar drop kit.

Cant decide on what bumper I want but leaning towards a ADD lite bumper. Also was leaning towards a MBRP exhaust system what do you guys recommend?

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like it'll be a very functional truck! All very good quality parts!
What MBRP exhaust are you looking at? The cat-back they have for about $430 seems like a great deal. Especially when others are spending over $300 on just a muffler swap. You get a complete cat-back with new tips for $100 more.
About the bumper, I say get one custom made. Not sure where you live, but there's often guys that advertise on CL that can weld up a nice looking whatever for most likely cheaper than buying one. I know in my area there is a few guys in the desert racing community that do great work out of their garage.

I'm really curious how you like the Icons and how the ride and lift turns out. I've been looking at those and King shocks. I have 285/75/17 Nitto G2 tires (about 33.5) on Method wheels. I'm just running the Rancho quicklift shocks in front, on the stiffest setting, stock rear. The ride was greatly improved, but I could use at least another 1.5" lift in the front to level it out.
Make sure you take fender measurements for a before and after! And good luck with the build!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Thiago

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright guys finally got the time to install everything. Little disappointed with the lift achieved with the coilovers in the front, the actual coilover assembly was half inch shorter than the factory struts. Gained 1 inch lift over stock in the front so the truck still has a rake to it, i will be additing readlift spacers now. Now for the ride its very nice and I have yet been abble to bottom out the coilovers. Also ended up going with a mbrp exhaust.
20161021_201422_zpsv4t1xyqk.jpg
20161021_1739120_zpsatpclaqz.jpg
20161022_143757_zpssiyomepp.jpg
20161022_143808_zpsndyc83uy.jpg

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How do you like the MBRP exhaust? I was looking at that kit, but i'm torn between that and the Carven muffler.

OP
OP
T

Thiago

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you like the MBRP exhaust? I was looking at that kit, but i'm torn between that and the Carven muffler.

I Love it..fit was super good and there is no drone from it. Sounds deep and aggressive on the throttle but can easly have a phone call while driving.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I know this is the Lifted sub-site, but any pics of the MBRP exhaust and the part/kit number that you used?
This is becoming a pretty strong contender for the price.

OP
OP
T

Thiago

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is the Lifted sub-site, but any pics of the MBRP exhaust and the part/kit number that you used?
This is becoming a pretty strong contender for the price.

Ill get some pics tonight.. the part # is S5146409. Its the stainless steel version and comes with really nice double walled tips.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good to know and much appreciated. Are the tips the same diameter as stock?

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck is coming along nicely. I am gonna go for a prerunner ish look as well. I was looking at those xd holeshot or Fuel vector's in 17's. Do you have any rub with the 17's and 35"s?

OP
OP
T

Thiago

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck is coming along nicely. I am gonna go for a prerunner ish look as well. I was looking at those xd holeshot or Fuel vector's in 17's. Do you have any rub with the 17's and 35"s?

Thanks! Very minimum rub at full lock on the plastic towards the rear..easy fix with heat gun.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you need to buy the adjustment wrench. You should be able to achieve more lift out of those shocks. They advertise 0-3 inches of lift. They probably leave the shop at a standard lift amount.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You shouldn't need to add a spacer to the top of the shocks for more lift. And I'd be willing to be that Icon would advise against doing so. I'm sure thats all you need to do is just spin that collar and you'll gain another inch or 2. But you also might need to remove the shock to take some of the pressure off it to spin it. Give them a call, I'm sure they can answer all these and any other questions you have.

OP
OP
T

Thiago

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have the spanner wrench for it however Icon says the coils come set at optimum ride height 2.5 inch lift and adjusting the coil higher will make the ride harsh so idk.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do have the spanner wrench for it however Icon says the coils come set at optimum ride height 2.5 inch lift and adjusting the coil higher will make the ride harsh so idk.

I was pretty sure that if you installed the coil springs in the rear that it wouldnt give you the look you wanted. That the back would be higher than the front and it wouldnt give you the prerunner look you were after.

I think if you install they Ready Lift spacer you will get a harsher ride. On my last truck, a Silverado I installed Bilstein shocks to control some of the bouncy-ness I got from traveling at 70+mph on the freeway. The shocks did nothing to control it. I added 3" lift spindle, 33" tires, and a 2" ready lift spacer on the coil. Kept the same shocks though. The spacer stiffened up the coil enough that the ride improved so there was no more bouncing over speed bumps or the area of the freeway where the front end would just bounce for 300 yards.

They advertise it doesnt change and you keep your smooth ride. It changed mine drastically. Luckily for the better. But I like a stiff front suspension. My Rancho 9000 are on the highest setting right now on my Ram

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Very nicely done! Looks great. I am planning on doing a 50" radiance mount like you did. Care to give your impressions? How is the wind noise and light output?

Besides the above questions, can I bother you in taking a few night shots? I want to see the beam pattern and throw.

In response to your question in regards to exhaust. I have the Magnaflow 14" and I am not happy with it. I am going to try the Carven RX-A set up I think it's called. People on the forum seem pleased with the Carven.

OP
OP
T

Thiago

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nicely done! Looks great. I am planning on doing a 50" radiance mount like you did. Care to give your impressions? How is the wind noise and light output?

Besides the above questions, can I bother you in taking a few night shots? I want to see the beam pattern and throw.

In response to your question in regards to exhaust. I have the Magnaflow 14" and I am not happy with it. I am going to try the Carven RX-A set up I think it's called. People on the forum seem pleased with the Carven.

Thanks! I will take you some night shots...now I love the light up background and the light is super bright its a spot patter so theres no blinding glare on the hood. I believe its rated at around 19000 lumens. HOWEVER its very noisy, I have tried all the "fix" people list online and I still have wind noise. I am actually selling the light and going to the rough country x5 light rated at 25000 lumens, my friend has one and the shape of the light is made to eliminate wind noise.