2017 crew cab 2wd leveling options/advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal swagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just purchased a silver crew cab sport 2wd 5.7. Looking to level it but I have not seen to many options.

I did find a maxtrac that did springs and shocks for the front which was under 300.

I was not able to find any reviews of this kit for my year ram. Any input and or pics will be most welcomed.

If I were to go this route would I need to purchase anything else? Would alingnment be an issue

grgreagreaga

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500
Engine
Springs and shocks will be 100% better than just using a metal spacer.
I know a lot of people on here us maxtrac.
You would need to have a realignment done, which around here is 80 dollars.

OP
OP
S

socal swagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if i go springs and shocks will i be able to get an alignment without having to buy more parts?

grgreagreaga

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500
Engine
You should be golden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badtothebone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maxtrac kit has 2 options for shocks, I was told to go with the Bilstein shocks..."better ride".

Will it affect warranty??

grgreagreaga

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500
Engine
Modifications will only effect your warranty if they can prove that the new spring and upgrades shock was the problem. Which is highly unlikely you'll have an issue with either.

So if your radio goes out they can't say your warranty was voided because of your leveling kit.
But if you have a funky front suspension issue then they could say it was your leveling kit but then they need to have proof of it going bed I believe

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maxtrac kit has 2 options for shocks, I was told to go with the Bilstein shocks..."better ride".

Will it affect warranty??

the Bils adjustable shocks are only for 4wd trucks, not 2wd.

Just purchased a silver crew cab sport 2wd 5.7. Looking to level it but I have not seen to many options.

I did find a maxtrac that did springs and shocks for the front which was under 300.

I was not able to find any reviews of this kit for my year ram. Any input and or pics will be most welcomed.

If I were to go this route would I need to purchase anything else? Would alingnment be an issue

I'm running the Maxtrac 2.5" coils and shock on my '17 sport. Definitely spend the extra money and get this kit. You'll retain a factory ride as opposed to the spacers that may make it a bit rough.

0408171646_zpswstwbm57.jpg

OP
OP
S

socal swagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you go with the maxtrac shocks or bilsteins with your coil kit? Any problems with the alignment? Do u have any more pics.

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
the Bils adjustable shocks are only for 4wd trucks, not 2wd.

The bils in their kit are not adjustable. They're made for 2WD trucks. I went with the 7" kit with bils on mine and am very happy with the ride. Here's a comparison to stock:

df7168329c323dc4297e4e57dbdc0fc8.jpg

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you go with the maxtrac shocks or bilsteins with your coil kit? Any problems with the alignment? Do u have any more pics.

I don't have any other pics at the moment. But it sits dead level. I just used Maxtrac shocks which are still better than the stock shocks.

The bils in their kit are not adjustable. They're made for 2WD trucks. I went with the 7" kit with bils on mine and am very happy with the ride. Here's a comparison to stock:

df7168329c323dc4297e4e57dbdc0fc8.jpg

You quoted me so I'm assuming you were referring to what I said. I said the adjustable bils (the ones that can lift/level the truck) are only for 4wd trucks. They have regular shocks that are for 2wd.

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
I don't have any other pics at the moment. But it sits dead level. I just used Maxtrac shocks which are still better than the stock shocks.

You quoted me so I'm assuming you were referring to what I said. I said the adjustable bils (the ones that can lift/level the truck) are only for 4wd trucks. They have regular shocks that are for 2wd.

Firemedic,
Did you do anything with the rears? I have a 2016 2wd sport. I want a small lift but still wish to retain a small amount of rake. Considering the Maxtrac front setup coupled with a 1" spacer in rear. Thoughts?

brian scott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi. Probably not the right place, but I cant find where to start a new thread. New member.

Plan to install a small spacer on my 2wd 2015 hemi tomorrow to lift front end up a couple of inches. Tips/advice on making it easy to compress the front spring so I can get it out and back in again, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
with the maxtrac 2.5 coil lift do you need the coil and shock kit, or could you get away with just the 2.5 inch coil? about to pull the trigger on it shortly and if i dont need to replace the shock then awesome, however if i do thats cool too just trying to save a little coin.

i have a 17 2wd 5.7 qc

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Id ask them just to be safe, I leveled mine with a spacer first, and didn't replace shocks. But that was a spacer, not lift springs

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was it an actual 2.5” level or lift or about 2 - 2.5”

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. Probably not the right place, but I cant find where to start a new thread. New member.

Plan to install a small spacer on my 2wd 2015 hemi tomorrow to lift front end up a couple of inches. Tips/advice on making it easy to compress the front spring so I can get it out and back in again, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

I'll chime in. I have a little bit different way of doing it, but it was MUCH quicker than the videos i saw.
1) If you bought a daystar poly spacer, start by returning them. They are trash.
2) If it is a metal top mount type spacer (i went with a traxda spacer after my nightmare with Daystar), I would install the spring top end first, pry your control arm down, and get the spring to hook on the lower spring seat.
3) I would then rest your jack on the wheel hub and slowly start to lift it.
4) At this point, use your spring compressor (make sure to get an internal spring compressor, not external, I have seen one video with an external compressor, but i could NOT get that type to work). Feed the compressor down through where the top of the shock mounts and hook the compressor arms about halfway down the spring, so it is essentially pulling the spring toward the spring bucket.
5) continue to go back and forth jacking, and compressing until you can thread the nut on the upper control arm ball joint. Once you can thread it on, thread the nut all the way down and torque it to spec, remove spring compressor. You are done with installing the spacer.

I may have a different voice here, but i did not really notice a difference in ride after the spacer. The rebound is a bit faster over small speed bumps, but overall the ride quality is fine with a 2" spacer.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
with the maxtrac 2.5 coil lift do you need the coil and shock kit, or could you get away with just the 2.5 inch coil? about to pull the trigger on it shortly and if i dont need to replace the shock then awesome, however if i do thats cool too just trying to save a little coin.

i have a 17 2wd 5.7 qc

I did the coils only. Still on stock shocks