2017 Leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to level my 2017 !500.

i leveled my old truck a 2014 1500 and used zone off road upper control arms and bilstein leveling shocks but zones's website now says not recommended to use with bilstein shocks.

Any suggestions on alternative ways to level? or should i just go with bilstein shocks and zone's control arms?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m using zone arms and bilstein 5100 to level my 2017. Rides great no binding. Alignment is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve also used Zone’s arms with leveling at 2.8 with no issues. I believe you run into an issue if you use spacers on top of the Bilsteins.

travelinty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to level my 2017 !500.

i leveled my old truck a 2014 1500 and used zone off road upper control arms and bilstein leveling shocks but zones's website now says not recommended to use with bilstein shocks.

Any suggestions on alternative ways to level? or should i just go with bilstein shocks and zone's control arms?

This is the exact setup I was planning blistens all way around 2.1 front and air 1000 in the back icon uca originally was gone do ready lift but icon just look to sexy not to. 2017 sport.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the exact setup I was planning blistens all way around 2.1 front and air 1000 in the back icon uca originally was gone do ready lift but icon just look to sexy not to. 2017 sport.

Good luck with the uniball control arms on a daily driver

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why would you say that? What would you suggest then?

This is copied from Icons website under their more expensive $900 delta joint control arms

While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements

travelinty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is copied from Icons website under their more expensive $900 delta joint control arms

While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements

Interesting thanks for that maybe I will stick with ready lift then

travelinty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont even see on there site where it says not rec for the blisteins, i fired them a quick email on the "06-17 Ram 1500
Heavy Duty Upper Control Arm (UCA) Kit
Zone Offroad D2301"
to see what they say about a 2" leveling on a daily driver

travelinty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

So these are stock ball-joint actually not uni-ball

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont even see on there site where it says not rec for the blisteins, i fired them a quick email on the "06-17 Ram 1500
Heavy Duty Upper Control Arm (UCA) Kit
Zone Offroad D2301"
to see what they say about a 2" leveling on a daily driver

I couldn’t find the warning either unless he looked at the kit that came with UCA and the leveling spacers

travelinty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I couldn’t find the warning either unless he looked at the kit that came with UCA and the leveling spacers

Important Notes!
Not recommended for use with Bilstein leveling struts, or with any other form of suspension lift.
Will work with 3.0L V6 Diesel models
Will not fit adjustable air suspension (air-ride) equipped models

yeah its the leveling kit makes sense.

so yeah just the uca and the bilstein are good to go :)

travelinty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I prefer the look of the zones and there the same price where i live, just picked up some color matching 3500 flares for my sport now if it could just be spring so i could please put them on :)

Daniel Kepfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I recently purchased this leveling kit. I had a few questions I was hoping you guys might be able to assist with. After reading your posts, it seems I'm even a little more confused. I just bought this basic kit to raise the front end level with the back. It's the 2.5IN Dodge Leveling lift kit from Rough Country. I will post link below. I was wondering how hard the install was, does it require an alignment after and is there anything else needed besides what's included in this kit because it seems you guys went above and beyond. Also it says I can put up to 33x12.50 tires once this is installed. I don't need spacers to accomodate the tires do I? Thanks for any insight you might have.