2017 Ram 1500 with PA 3" Body Lift and 2" Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLights

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed the performance accessories PAPLS600 lift kit and so far I am loving it.
Performance Accessories papls600 Lift Kit - 5 Inch - 4wd - Gas Models Only - (Non Air Ride). Daystar Suspension Parts

It was a fairly straight forward install that I completed in my driveway with minimal tools. Of course it took me 11 hours to do the level, body lift, and install of the rims and tires. Some kits come with the rear 2" coil spacers. Mine did not so I have them on order. I will post another pic when they are installed.

I also installed mevotech upper control arms. Rims are ProComp 18x9 7033s and 35x1250R18 Firestone Destination MTs.

Before:
agTpbIT.jpg

After:
vVudT8L.jpg

pZCSGYB.jpg

HNR8u6T.jpg

unWAZIE.jpg

5Oe632o.jpg

BylTXhx.jpg

gGpf21H.jpg

f7oH8qQ.jpg

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Truck looks great, love those Firestones as well

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Great job, looking forward to reading how's the ride.

F.O.F

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How was the install of the steering extension? I'm installing my 3" BL this coming saturday and was seeing if you ran into any issues. Did you install it while you had your drivers side jacked up? Any tips or advice would be greatly welcomed!

OP
OP
H

HotLights

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How was the install of the steering extension? I'm installing my 3" BL this coming saturday and was seeing if you ran into any issues. Did you install it while you had your drivers side jacked up? Any tips or advice would be greatly welcomed!

To be honest. I TOTALLY forgot about it until after I jacked up the truck, didn't seem to hurt much as the steering rod stretched, but I think that was due to the vehicles design (you will see a rubber shock mount looking piece almost towards the fire wall) and all I did was push it back into place. (It never moved the upper steering wheel rod portion) Hard to explain. Just don't forget it lol

One solid piece of advice is take the bolt completely out because there is an indent in the steering rod and the rod won't remove until the bolt is completely out.

It's pretty straight forward just make sure its tightened really good. Mine was loose after and I had to crank on it more. If it's loose, you will feel it in the steering wheel from side to side.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good. I've debated back and forth doing 3in body with Bilsteins on my 2017, or going Bilsteins and zone 4 inch suspension. Leaning 4inch but that costs more so it will take longer before I buy which is the hard part

OP
OP
H

HotLights

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good. I've debated back and forth doing 3in body with Bilsteins on my 2017, or going Bilsteins and zone 4 inch suspension. Leaning 4inch but that costs more so it will take longer before I buy which is the hard part

It was a toss up between the Zone 6 inch but with the savings, I was able to get my rims and tires. All in it was about $2750 cdn. The zone itself was $2200 cdn. Best thing about the body lift is that if I want to do a 4 or 6 in the future I still can and still be that much higher!