2017 Ram 1500 Sport Rough Country 2.5" Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey Guys,

Well ended up going with the Rough Country 2.5" Preload spacer kit to level my truck. Install went great even tho I hate messing with Strut Coil Compressors. My only complaint would be getting the top nut off the strut if you didn't have the proper tools lol. This was 1 of those times I'm glad I bought my Craftsmen Max Access Thru head Ratchet set so that I could put that on the nut, And the Smaller socket on a 1/4" drive Ratchet to prevent the strut rod from spinning. Other than the Rough Country Instructions having a lot of the wrong socket sizes listed, It wasn't bad! The ride is a little stiffer which I like so it turned out well for me. I installed the Rear 1" spacers as well but ended up taking them off as it looked nose heavy again. That was a waste of an hour lol!

B6F8258D-E3F6-456C-A176-1A0B051B6D55.jpg

078D48EE-964D-45C4-95A3-B380A842FAFC.jpg

D3F7A8B7-51FF-4C3E-A28C-2F883F42454A.jpg

Charles

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Looks good, do you have plans for larger tires ?

getting ready to do mine but will be running the stock tires for awhile.

OP
OP
trikeffex

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks good, do you have plans for larger tires ?

getting ready to do mine but will be running the stock tires for awhile.
Yea I'm gonna get some different tires, But may just stick too 33x12.50's. I'd like to run 35's, But think it may look to stuffed in the wheel wells!

Charles

blkbaretta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good man - 33x12.50 would look good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

L84DNR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the pics you posted with or without the rear spacers in? Truck looks good bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
very nice. are those pics before or after alignment? and 34" tires will look great with your setup

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I'm gonna get some different tires, But may just stick too 33x12.50's. I'd like to run 35's, But think it may look to stuffed in the wheel wells!

Charles

Are you planning on using the same rims? I have the same ones on my night edition. Just a little skeptic that 12.50's can fit on these rims.

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I run this kit too. It is a stiffer, less enjoyable ride. The lift puts the truck right where it should have been from the factory. I left my rear spacers on, but have debated taking them out to give my front end a higher look. I wasn't sure if it would be too much front end rake though.

OP
OP
trikeffex

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are the pics you posted with or without the rear spacers in? Truck looks good bro.

The pics are without the Rear spacers in. I believe I took some pics with them in, I'll post them for you!

Charles

OP
OP
trikeffex

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
very nice. are those pics before or after alignment? and 34" tires will look great with your setup
These were taken after the alignment. It def needed it as it had a good bit of positive camber after! Yea I was debating doing 34's!

Charles

OP
OP
trikeffex

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are you planning on using the same rims? I have the same ones on my night edition. Just a little skeptic that 12.50's can fit on these rims.

Yes I'm going to use the same wheels. They don't fit Great, But it will work lol.

Charles

OP
OP
trikeffex

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
I run this kit too. It is a stiffer, less enjoyable ride. The lift puts the truck right where it should have been from the factory. I left my rear spacers on, but have debated taking them out to give my front end a higher look. I wasn't sure if it would be too much front end rake though.

I didn't care for it with the Rear spacers. I kept them incase I have to tow something for a long distance, Then I can just throw them back in real quick. I actually liked the slightly stiffer ride, But then again I was use to my Powerstrokes ride!

Charles

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't care for it with the Rear spacers. I kept them incase I have to tow something for a long distance, Then I can just throw them back in real quick. I actually liked the slightly stiffer ride, But then again I was use to my Powerstrokes ride!

Charles

I had a leaky strut when I put this kit in, so I'm going to be swapping to Bilstein's instead. If I'm doing struts I guess I should just do them right. I do like this kit though.

I'm wondering if the Bilstein's at max will increase my height more then this kit did? Hm...

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Do you have any pics with the spacers in?

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can get some tomorrow, I don't have any offhand and its dark outside now. Stay tuned haha; send me a PM if I don't post them tomorrow, I may have gotten side tracked.

iHemiMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys,

Well ended up going with the Rough Country 2.5" Preload spacer kit to level my truck. Install went great even tho I hate messing with Strut Coil Compressors. My only complaint would be getting the top nut off the strut if you didn't have the proper tools lol. This was 1 of those times I'm glad I bought my Craftsmen Max Access Thru head Ratchet set so that I could put that on the nut, And the Smaller socket on a 1/4" drive Ratchet to prevent the strut rod from spinning. Other than the Rough Country Instructions having a lot of the wrong socket sizes listed, It wasn't bad! The ride is a little stiffer which I like so it turned out well for me. I installed the Rear 1" spacers as well but ended up taking them off as it looked nose heavy again. That was a waste of an hour lol!

B6F8258D-E3F6-456C-A176-1A0B051B6D55.jpg

078D48EE-964D-45C4-95A3-B380A842FAFC.jpg

D3F7A8B7-51FF-4C3E-A28C-2F883F42454A.jpg

Charles

Another orange ram on here sweet! Looks great!