2 or 2.5 levels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowerWagon2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's my 2012 PW with a zone 2.5" level.

48b7c9de-300e-2424.jpg

OP
OP
pd298

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 4x4 only use 4wd for winter weather so far, but i am looking at the HBS level kit as well. If i go that way should i have anything else done for the level other than the kit, new struts? or should i expect to have to change or have any problems with cv joints ect after so many miles? I just dont want to get it leveled and then spend money and time fixing things that go wrong because of the level! plus i am a little bit of a **** when it comes to crap i dont know a whole lot about!

I just installed my HBS 2.5 level yesterday. All you need is the spacers. I turned my 4wd on for a little bit to see if I noticed any vibrations. I didn't notice any. I'll try and get a pic up in the next day or two, but I am pleased with the results.

wwsowell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I just installed my HBS 2.5 level yesterday. All you need is the spacers. I turned my 4wd on for a little bit to see if I noticed any vibrations. I didn't notice any. I'll try and get a pic up in the next day or two, but I am pleased with the results.

awesome, thanks !

OP
OP
pd298

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
truck-1.jpg

truck2.jpg

Heres a pic of what it looks like now. Need bigger tires!

Last edited:

wwsowell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L

dude that looks good! i am sold on the HBS kit..................crap more money! I need to be rich in a bad way! How long did it take you to install? was it difficult?

josh24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
how much safer is it on parts and having less issues if one goes with a 2 inch rather than 2.5 inch? sorry to thread jack, im still new here

OP
OP
pd298

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dude that looks good! i am sold on the HBS kit..................crap more money! I need to be rich in a bad way! How long did it take you to install? was it difficult?

It took around two hours. The first side was the most problematic, mostly because the sway bar end link would not come loose until we loosened the other side too. The second side flew. It was me and a buddy and the only air tool we had was an impact which we could only use on lug nuts. The hbs kit is fairly cheap at 80.00

Blackline

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Sorry to be a newbie, but I have a 2012 quad 2wd. I want to level it out, as well. If I read things correctly I wont have to worry about and virbration issues? I am thinking 2.5HBS kit as well. Do you guys running this recommend new shocks?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Sorry to be a newbie, but I have a 2012 quad 2wd. I want to level it out, as well. If I read things correctly I wont have to worry about and virbration issues? I am thinking 2.5HBS kit as well. Do you guys running this recommend new shocks?
Correct...with 2wd you don't have vibration worries, but hbs does not make leveling kits for 2wd's

AGZ951

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the HBS 2.5" on the way for my 2012 1500 Crew 4x4. I have been looking for a way to also give the rear about a one inch lift along with the 2.5 up front. I am looking for info on a 1" ring for the rear springs. If any knows a good place to get them from please identify.

I have also been wondering if the Air load boosters that insert inside of the coil springs would give me more load capacity and a little lift at the same time. Thoughts?

AGZ

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I believe top gunz customs sells a .75" spacer for the rear, not sure where to find an inch
Air helpers wont increase the capacity but the will help your tryk handle the weight much better. I wouldnt try to achieve lift with them as they'll stiffen up the ride in the rear when theyre aired up and you truck I empty

Grubrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the HBS 2.5" on the way for my 2012 1500 Crew 4x4. I have been looking for a way to also give the rear about a one inch lift along with the 2.5 up front. I am looking for info on a 1" ring for the rear springs......

Is it just the "stance" you're after?

Just wondering why then you didn't go with the 2" level rather than the 2.5" level... ? It probably would have given you the look you wanted.

I actually ran into a 2012 4X4 Ram 1500 Crew owner over the weekend. He said he had a HellBent 2" level [Part Number: 125-200-001] on his front with the OEM Chrome Clads and some BF mudders. It had a [very] slight slant to the front.... which I really, really liked.

AGZ951

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've ordered the parts to lift and level my 2012 1500 Laramie. Hell Bent 2.5" front spacer and the Customz 1 inch rear. I also ordered the rear air bag to stiffer the rear so I don't drop to much while towing. Overall I'm hoping to achieve a taller all around rig with a little less rake than it has now. I'm not sure if I want to run 35s, or maybe 33/34s.