2" level+3" PA Body Lift vs. 6" CST on a 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEXAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hi there,

i still would like to lift my truck. i am stuck between two ways of lifting it.

1. 6" CST (& in the front/4 in the rear)
2. 5" PA Body Lift (2 level + 3 BL)

since here in germany there are as good as no lifted trucks around it is hard to tell which way to go.
the 4" cst lift seems to be a "waste" of money since i only lifts 1.5" in the rear - "waste of money" cuz i am afraid of not seeing much different for my money:). on the other hand 6" seem a littel much since i don´t wanna buy 35" tires right away. so i thought a BL could do the trick?!
besides: between a PA body lift and a CST lift there is a difference of about 1000$ in price - and i need to get it to germany and mounted, too.

i won´t go offroading or something like that pretty much - she´s a mall cruiser and 99% of the time onroad:).

what would u recommend, since you are the lift experts in the us:)? i wonder if you can see the truck frame a lot with a PA BL on it so that it looks goofy - true or false?

thx a lot in advance!!!
dennis

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you aren't using it for off roading go with the body lift route. Save the cash and put it into other mods. You cannot see the frame really with the body lift. Rams hide it very well a body lift can also be done by yourself takes some time and patience but nothing crazy. Here is mine with a level and 3 inch body lift just so you can see.

2a82b3d9-23c1-4549-9484-23072138ca43.jpg

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cost wise and not off roading, do the level and body lift.
You live in Germany?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TEXAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you aren't using it for off roading go with the body lift route. Save the cash and put it into other mods. You cannot see the frame really with the body lift. Rams hide it very well a body lift can also be done by yourself takes some time and patience but nothing crazy. Here is mine with a level and 3 inch body lift just so you can see.

nice truck. ihow does do trailer hitch look now since the rear bumper sits higher now?

OP
OP
T

TEXAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cost wise and not off reading, do the level and body lift.
You live in Germany?

hi fastnugly,

yes sir. that´s right. the informations here in the forum are great due to missing competence of shops here in germany:)

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hi fastnugly,

yes sir. that´s right. the informations here in the forum are great due to missing competence of shops here in germany:)

Sweet!
Im sure there aren't many Rams there too which makes it that much more difficult for shops to understand what to get and carry.
But rest assure that any competent shop can install these mods.

many here on the boards do it themselves on their driveway

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the CST 4" lift is ideal personally. Main reason being, it's re-positioning your hub assembly 4" lower (effectively lifting the truck) as opposed to stuffing more pre-load onto your coils with a spacer.

I've been having this same debate in my head for quite some time, I'm fairly confident if I do this, I will get the 4" CST spindles for the front, and likely adapt some airbags to the rear. I'd like to be able to keep it level regardless of load.

Whatever route you go, don't forget to upgrade your shocks, you'll want em with bigger / heavier wheels and tires.

OP
OP
T

TEXAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I think the CST 4" lift is ideal personally. Main reason being, it's re-positioning your hub assembly 4" lower (effectively lifting the truck) as opposed to stuffing more pre-load onto your coils with a spacer.

I've been having this same debate in my head for quite some time, I'm fairly confident if I do this, I will get the 4" CST spindles for the front, and likely adapt some airbags to the rear. I'd like to be able to keep it level regardless of load.

Whatever route you go, don't forget to upgrade your shocks, you'll want em with bigger / heavier wheels and tires.

i am "afraid" that the 4" CST kit won´t do the trick cause the raer is only lifted by 1.5" - that won´t be noticeable i think. what does the pre-load do and will a 2" levelling kit hurt the ride due to the higher pre-load? if so: how can this be avoided? different shocks in the front?

what shocks would you recommend for an upgrade?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is nothing you can do to remove the effect of additional pre-load with a coil spacer, other than replacement coils, which I don't know know of for the 2wd Rams (the Gen IVs anywho).

I'd still really like the CST spindles, I'm kind of thinking of CST spindles, a 1.5" spacer and whatever the hell I need for the rear to lift it up to match.

But making the front of the truck 8" taller sounds like it's asking for a bunch of issues too.

grzmnky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ that's exactly what I have and I like it a lot. I have ran 33s, 35s and now 315s

OP
OP
T

TEXAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
But making the front of the truck 8" taller sounds like it's asking for a bunch of issues too.[/QUOTE]

how come you think i wanna go 8" higher? i am thin king of a 2" level kit plus a 3" BL in the front/rear. this would be a total of 5" in the front and 3" in the rear.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
But making the front of the truck 8" taller sounds like it's asking for a bunch of issues too.

how come you think i wanna go 8" higher? i am thin king of a 2" level kit plus a 3" BL in the front/rear. this would be a total of 5" in the front and 3" in the rear.

I was talking about my 'dream' setup.

4" CST Spindles
1.5" Coil Spacers
35" Tires
7.5" Taller than stock

UGA RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Is that a 2wd and what size wheels and tires, loving the setup