2WD Help Needed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey Guys,

On Saturday I bought a 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD. I have been reading on here about a leveling kit and everyone seems to be going with the Bils 5100. I went to a local store called 4 Wheel Parts and they ran my truck information through the system and said that the Bils will not work on my truck because it is not 4x4. They said one of their guys has the same truck as I do and he had to put the spacers on it, which they stated was a pain/scary thing to do. Any suggestions on if the Bils would work? And if they would, should I get just the shocks or do I need other stuff as well?

Thanks for the help!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Spacers aren't scary, I've had them on 2 trucks now. They're the same amount of work as replacing the shocks.

You'll want UCA'S too though just to be a safe

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I would say just for leveling your truck, spacers wouldnt be such a terrible thing in my opinion because youre only adding 1 to 2 inches to your suspension geometry. I personaly have been runin 2inch front spacer for my 2013 escalade (with IFS very similar to ram 1500) and its been great. if u want to lift your truck any more than 2 inches I would say that you would need more legit suspension lift kit not just spacers. I'm havin 5.5 inch BDS 4link suspension lift kit installed for my 2015 ram 2500 HD.

BULLRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The other posters are spot on, ans also the Blls 5100 , wont fit on our 2WD completly different mounting ends...stay with stock shocks or aftermarket BUT stock length...

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the help. All I can find with the UCAs though is upper control arms and they're pretty expensive. Over $500. Do y'all have any links to any sites where I can find it cheaper? I've looked for about two hours already and cannot find anything!

RamminJammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's what I'm running fat bobs two inch level 50$ 2013 ram 2500 front shocks ( there two inches longer than stock shocks and help improve ride quality 70$ from local parts store for Monroe shocks and mevotech control arms off amozon for 80$ so I've got 200$ total cheap level done right. I've got a 2014 2wd express hope this will give you a game plan or a build to follow.

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not a fan of spacers on 2wds. Maxtrac makes replacement springs that I have seen people with 14's use and it will ride good since its a spring tot a spacer. Just pm Sean on here or email him at maxtrac website. He helped me out with my 4.5" spindle and 3" rear coil lift kit. The leveling springs are actually just the add on to make my lift into the 7". I have to say the rear springs and shocks that came in my kit from them are great. I imagine the fronts are just as well made.