2wd maxtrac level install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So renting one probably isn't a good option then huh? That one on Amazon is cheap enough but scary reviews, especially dealing with our type of HD springs and the potential risk. I am planning on doing my 6" lift next weekend and trying to be proactive about what I'll need. I contacted Maxtrac and they said I should be able to do it without spring compressors ???

I explained to them that I am going to have a buddy of mine helping me. I bought a 60" pry bar and was hoping that with him leaning on the LCA with the pry bar would be enough for me to get them in there. In the Maxtrac video they make it look so easy.. but we all know how that goes.

O'reillys is selling these for about double the price and a warrany, which I'm fine with and it states for "light truck" use.. just wonder if that's like "Chevy S10 or Colorado" use? LOL.

Wait your ordering the Maxtrac 7" lift?

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh well then you may not even need to worry about spring compressors. The Maxtrac springs are same height as stock just stiffer, thats how they provide lift or so I've heard. I'd be more worried about the rear end haha. You need to drill into the frame for the bracket.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Steen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh well then you may not even need to worry about spring compressors. The Maxtrac springs are same height as stock just stiffer, thats how they provide lift or so I've heard. I'd be more worried about the rear end haha. You need to drill into the frame for the bracket.

Lol.. right!

So are you saying that when you use the front spacer on top of the stock spring in the front is what makes it difficult to get them in there?

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol.. right!

So are you saying that when you use the front spacer on top of the stock spring in the front is what makes it difficult to get them in there?

Yes, it makes the assembly physically taller which makes it hard to put back in. Since the Maxtrac springs that come with the 7" lift are the same height as stock they SHOULD theoretically just pop in as easy as the stock ones. I've never installed or messed with the Maxtrac springs or a truck with that installed so I don't know for certain.

Steen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, it makes the assembly physically taller which makes it hard to put back in. Since the Maxtrac springs that come with the 7" lift are the same height as stock they SHOULD theoretically just pop in as easy as the stock ones. I've never installed or messed with the Maxtrac springs or a truck with that installed so I don't know for certain.

Gotcha... guess I'll let you know how it goes! (Fingers crossed)

OP
OP
T

TNram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was able to find a shop to install them and just got it home and looks like they installed them on the top of the springs instead of the bottom. Think they will be alright like this?

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are supposed to go on top. That's how they are made to go.

OP
OP
T

TNram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I spoke with maxtrac afterwards and they said it was supposed to go on the bottom of the spring. I also found a sheet with instructions with a picture on the bottom.

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who have you guys had install your level kits? Nobody will touch it in Nashville except one place but they are only open m-f 8 to 5 and can't make it there that time

I have he coil/bilstein kit. Best i've had. Not a fan of spacers. Been there tried that wasnt happy with ride quality.

OP
OP
T

TNram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, those are them. Couldn't do bilstein cause it's a v6. I acually think the ride is better with the spacers, it was a little bouncy before.

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, those are them. Couldn't do bilstein cause it's a v6. I acually think the ride is better with the spacers, it was a little bouncy before.

Suspension is different on the v6? Engines not as heavy makes sense.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You couldn't do the Bilsteins because its a 2wd. 2wd has a different from suspension than 4wd. Where are the pics??