3.3" front lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_simm_ns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have bilstein 5100s set at 2.1 I've got some slight tire rub that 1/2 just might do away with. While I'm at it I plan on bringing the rear up as well. To get as much as I can and still have only a slight rack I'm checking out some .5 strut spacers. Wondering if the bilsteins set to 2.8 plus the slight spacer bump as well as zone UCAs(already installed) would cause any issues. I'm aware that icon has a 3" lift but would 3.3 be ok without having to relocate other components??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
From what I've read and seen, over 3" gets you into that "iffy" zone with your cv angle. I'm sure it would work but question would be how long till you start having issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone make a " Diff drop" for rams? This may be a option to keep ur cv angles under control.

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone make a " Diff drop" for rams? This may be a option to keep ur cv angles under control.

Some companies make them with their kits.

I haven't seen it sold separately though

OP
OP
_simm_ns

_simm_ns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I've read and seen, over 3" gets you into that "iffy" zone with your cv angle. I'm sure it would work but question would be how long till you start having issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Oddly enough at 2.1 my CVs are nearly level...Came as a bit of a shock whenever I checked it out a few hours ago....The front axle however is angled slightly. Has me wondering how the transfer case copes with larger lifts.. I think I'm having a brain fart.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The subframe drop lift kits lower the front diff and include a driveshaft spacer to make up the difference in length needed. The spacer attaches at the front diff. The transmission and transfercase do not move since they attach to the engine.