3" body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been debating on a 3" body lift. I had a zone on my 3rd gen. Any idea why Zone doesn't offer a 3" BL for the 2016 ram 1500? How are the PA kits? If I do it the brackets for my bumper with require some modifications so I can still utilize the shackles and winch.

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've been debating on a 3" body lift. I had a zone on my 3rd gen. Any idea why Zone doesn't offer a 3" BL for the 2016 ram 1500? How are the PA kits? If I do it the brackets for my bumper with require some modifications so I can still utilize the shackles and winch.

I had the 3" zone on my 3rd gen ram as well. I purchased the PA kit for my 4th gen recently but couldn't install it due to my amp research powersteps. So I returned it and went to the zone 1.5". For what's in the kit, it's of killer quality. I'd say go for it! The fact that zone doesn't make a 3" kit is odd? But if they didn't come with a company logo on the box, no one would know any difference.

As for the tow hook/shackle mount locations, you'll need to be creative. But I found a post on here where a gentleman fabbed up bracketry with bluprints for others that wanted a solution as well! If you need the blueprint, I saved the PDF! Anyways, good luck and just go for it! I really wish I could have put it on, but I really didn't want to have to modify that much in order for them to work with the powersteps.

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I also posted on my issue with them in this "lifted" section with pics of the complications. Just a few posts below this one!

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter

Yea the bumper adapters on the PA and Zone kits are not much more than sheet metal.

But you can take them to a fab shop and have them make copies off the kit supplied adapters out of some 3/16" or 1/4" stock.

you could them Line-x or powder coat them

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a aftermarket off-road bumper with receiver brackets that bolt up the the horns and tow hook brackets. I'll just have the bumper receiver backets modified. Thats easy.