3" Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well come Thursday Ultra and I are getting together to do our body lifts on our trucks. We are going to hammer out both at the same time. Anyone who has done it have any quick tips? I've been studying the directions and have color copies to help. Any advice would be awesome of things you have found that make it easier!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be patient, have a few drill bits on hand and be patient...lol
Know that when its all done, you'll be satisfied that you did the install :D

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
take it slow and dont loose any parts and have alot of thread lock just to be safe that those bolts to the body dont come out

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Go over the instructions and spray off under your truck well. Then spray PB blaster or other penetrating lube on the bolts you will be removing. Paint everything that gets cut and welded. Make sure to tie down your steering wheel so it does not spin when you remove the steering shaft to install the spacer. If it gets out of wack it can cause an esc light or even break some electrical tabs in your steering wheel.

raptor1797

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agree with all above. You should be good on getting the bolts out because your truck is newer. I had no trouble with my bolts on my 2012. I had trouble with my sons Ranger but working on something new it was a breese and actually a very fun day. Best advice is to go step by step and try not to get ahead of yourself. When you are done and get your wheels and tires on you will be like a little kid with a new toy !

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys, all the help is awesome. I am getting super excited to get it done. Could we realistically do the rear first if we wanted to do that first since it seems most the cutting and all is on the front?

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nevermind, dumb question I just reread the directions seems very forth coming just important to have them in color which I printed and it helps a lot.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, all the help is awesome. I am getting super excited to get it done. Could we realistically do the rear first if we wanted to do that first since it seems most the cutting and all is on the front?

Yes sir. Can be done in sections and recommended

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh really. Thinking we should do the rear's of both trucks first to get a handle on things then move to the front.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh really. Thinking we should do the rear's of both trucks first to get a handle on things then move to the front.

Typically you want to do either the cab or the bed vs 1 side of the truck.
So if your preference is the bed first, then do the entire cab completely.

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's what I meant sorry. I meant just do both ultra and mine rear at the same time.

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's gonna be a good time. I'm about the most un-serious dude you'll ever meet man, just stock up on beer and we'll be gtg! Actually I don't know how much I can drink since I'll be driving home after we're done lol. How many miles are on your truck? Mines one year old with 14k miles so I'm not too concerned about the bolts being locked up. I know when I did my leveling kit it was CAKE, everything came off nice and easy.

sent via tapatalk

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hurry up so we can see both :D

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thursday can't come soon enough! We can always start early with the beer then take it easy. Mine has 48K I bought it with 48K so I don't drive much but my bolts all look in pretty good condition.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Can't wait to see how it looks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
All the talk about beer. I think we are just gonna end up with pictures of lifted beds and drunken RF members. lol

bman12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
dont waste your time trying to remove he factory captive washers from the bolts on page 9 , cut the head off to remove the washer with a grinder , it will save you a lot of aggravation and the kit comes with nice new body bolts anyway