4/6” Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s one of the best w item ups and advice i’ve Seen on here yet!! If that doesn’t help you or answer your question....well your S.O.L man lol

Great advice but some of if his data is inaacurate.

The front peices on the lifts are the same except the 6” has a preload spacer to add to the strut assembly. Check the part numbers from the install guides.......they are the same.

On the rear it looks like Superlift made a change, the 6” has relocation brackets whereas the 4” dosent list them. My 4” lift came with relocation brackets......

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adding to my previous post, the service manager was not too happy that I proved to him that my lift didn’t void any warranties, BUT I called FCA I was told 4” Mopar and 2 1/2” Mopar are the only kits they will warranty. 4” kits come with “Mopar” Decals, 6” lifts have “Superlift” decals and aren’t covered under warranty. Basically, the longer rear coil that would replace the stock height coil would be warrantied the same as if it were an OEM part. Because the part #s on the 4” kit are considered “Mopar” parts. I paid $1850 for the lift and $900 for install and maintained all my warranties without paying the +$6000 to have it all done at the dealer. Call FCA to make sure, don’t take the dealers word for it. Talking from experience. Obtain the lift yourself and have it installed yourself and save lots of $$$! No regrets when I had it on my truckf84bbebc6dc1bcf521565b1272bfa38f.jpg
My current Ram
870f35ebaab8a0a777fa17f54983c340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great advice but some of if his data is inaacurate.

The front peices on the lifts are the same except the 6” has a preload spacer to add to the strut assembly. Check the part numbers from the install guides.......they are the same.

On the rear it looks like Superlift made a change, the 6” has relocation brackets whereas the 4” dosent list them. My 4” lift came with relocation brackets......

Whoops, you’re right lol. I didn’t look into it a ton after FCA told me only the 4” and 2 1/2” are warrantied. Yeah, my 4” had all the rear relocation brackets.

Last edited:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whoops, you’re right lol. I didn’t look into it a ton after FCA told me only the 4” and 2 1/2” are warrantied. Yeah, my 4” had all the rear relocation brackets.

Crazy they don’t list the rear brackets anymore! I had to double check my truck to make sure I wasn’t loosing my mind :favorites13:

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crazy they don’t list the rear brackets anymore! I had to double check my truck to make sure I wasn’t loosing my mind :favorites13:

I mean unless they don’t come with them anymore? Like the cheaper RCX lifts?932b7c31b4519f949af98da9f2d00d94.jpg

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mean unless they don’t come with them anymore? Like the cheaper RCX lifts?932b7c31b4519f949af98da9f2d00d94.jpg

I think that is the case.........I looked at the pics on the website aswell and no rear brackets shown for the 4” but they are there in the pic for the 6”. Guess the company that bought them out a couple of years back made some “tweaks”. That’s unfortunate, one of the reasons I liked their 4” lift over some others.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Juvenator....do you happen to know what the part number was of your kit?

I was reading the Mopar warranty and it stated something about all parts that begin with letter “P” are considered performance Parts and are not warranted like normal Parts. Just wondering if they changed part numbers or policy.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I was reading the Mopar warranty and it stated something about all parts that begin with letter “P” are considered performance Parts and are not warranted like normal Parts. Just wondering if they changed part numbers or policy.

Sorry, I don’t remember. Ordered it almost 3yrs ago and don’t have the truck anymore to go look to see if I can find any part numbers.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
e92d8e8712cc8e94c196d753f7c56516.jpgb01fab6d9615e082cf5c8bbcc7e6216d.jpge2309b11acf237ea5d371d30523e990a.jpg9cfaba737f685c018d2983e1d2a766d7.jpg722fadd4b5ae640d120b8b1e3cb3b86e.jpga5b501b2d184d42b1d7b94087aa11526.jpg03376225871bf0e8c930cf730035d198.jpg

I wanted to lift my old 12’ 1500 shortly after I got it but didn’t want to toss my warranty out the window either. Went to my Ram dealer and they told me that they could install a 2 1/2” Mopar Level spacer kit, or a 4” Mopar Suspension lift. Parts and labor about $6500 out the door. Yeah, no lol. Got the lift part number from Their Mopar parts catalog and found the lift (Made by Superlift) online for $1850 with Bilstein shocks. I talked to the service manager and asked if I had the kit installed would my warranty be void? He said as long as it’s got a Mopar part # it can be warrantied. Had the lift installed and 6mo later my steering rack goes bad. Took it into the dealer and they tried to tell me its cause of the lift and they can’t fix it. Brought me a big stack of papers stating that if the vehicle is altered they can’t do warranty work on it. He highlighted the part where it said that. The line right under where he highlighted clearly stated “excludes authentic Mopar accessories” well guess what! My lift matches the Mopar part # so I got my warranty work done! Lifts and warranties kinda vary by dealer... as far as turning a 4” into a 6”, you can’t. The drop brackets are different sizes, so are the spindles, and front spacers, rear coils, etc. What you can do, and what I did,is get the kit that comes with Bilsteins and adjust them to 1.4. After installing them at 0” the front was still lower than the back, so bumped them up and went from 34s(305/70R17) to 35s. My 4” with Bils at 1.4 on 35s was 1” shorter front and back vs a 6” on 35s4c6a9bc830659daf32bb20f39c05b9ff.jpg

Thank you for the great advice! I might just do the 4” lift so the MOPAR number matches and I don’t run into any issue

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adding to my previous post, the service manager was not too happy that I proved to him that my lift didn’t void any warranties, BUT I called FCA I was told 4” Mopar and 2 1/2” Mopar are the only kits they will warranty. 4” kits come with “Mopar” Decals, 6” lifts have “Superlift” decals and aren’t covered under warranty. Basically, the longer rear coil that would replace the stock height coil would be warrantied the same as if it were an OEM part. Because the part #s on the 4” kit are considered “Mopar” parts. I paid $1850 for the lift and $900 for install and maintained all my warranties without paying the +$6000 to have it all done at the dealer. Call FCA to make sure, don’t take the dealers word for it. Talking from experience. Obtain the lift yourself and have it installed yourself and save lots of $$$! No regrets when I had it on my truckf84bbebc6dc1bcf521565b1272bfa38f.jpg
My current Ram
870f35ebaab8a0a777fa17f54983c340.jpg

You didn’t have the dealer install it? I thought the dealer had to install it to maintain warranty.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You didn’t have the dealer install it? I thought the dealer had to install it to maintain warranty.

Nope. Took it to a reputable shop and they still honored my warranty. It’s the shop they send their trucks to get lifted. They don’t do it on site. Went to the shop directly and got a better price.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Juvenator, do you remember where you purchased the kit from and what FCA number you called?

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the kit directly from Superlift.com. Idk if there is a “Superlift” 4” and a “Mopar” 4” kit or if they are the same. Cause even though I ordered it from Superlift it came with Mopar decals on the front cross member and rear shocks? I got the part numbers from the dealer accessories catalog at the dealer, then googled them and it led me to Superlift’s website.
a347b9cd99195b0676ae1117bc31bac0.jpg53ce1b8b1057824a35639a9682f07aaa.jpg
As far as what number I called, I just googled “FCA US phone number”. Sorry I can’t be more specific, it’s been like 3 years now and don’t have the truck anymore.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the kit directly from Superlift.com. Idk if there is a “Superlift” 4” and a “Mopar” 4” kit or if they are the same. Cause even though I ordered it from Superlift it came with Mopar decals on the front cross member and rear shocks? I got the part numbers from the dealer accessories catalog at the dealer, then googled them and it led me to Superlift’s website.
As far as what number I called, I just googled “FCA US phone number”. Sorry I can’t be more specific, it’s been like 3 years now and don’t have the truck anymore.

No problem. Thank you for all your help.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I had my dealer install the 4" lift on my truck and was told it would be warrantied for 2 years because it's considered a performance part. Contacted another dealer and was told the same thing. Part number did start with a "P". I believe the part number is P5156106_FS

Last edited:
OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Just to follow up. I called ram customer service and they told me a lift would void my warranty. I find it really odd...others have lifts and have issues with keeping their warranty.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MOPAR PERFORMANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

NOTICE Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part or element of design affecting emissions or safety on motor vehicles used for transporting persons or property on a public street or highway. Violation may result in a fi ne of up to $32,500 per vehicle. Mechanical and/or electronic performance parts listed in this catalog with a “1” cannot be used on vehicles used on public streets or highways. These parts may be used only on vehicles used solely in sanctioned off-highway events. No other applications are intended or implied. Those parts that have been granted an exemption by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) or meet the EPA requirements of memorandum 1A are legal for highway use in California, New York and Massachusetts and are noted as such.

NO PARTS WARRANTY – “AS IS” Mopar Performance parts beginning with a “P” prefix are sold “as is” unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fi t for the general purpose for which it was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle’s warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle’s warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle’s warranty.

MOPAR PARTS 12-MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY Except parts as listed above, certain parts from Mopar Performance sold over the counter or wholesaled are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 12 months/unlimited miles for parts (exchange) only. These parts are identified in this catalog as having a specific part number structure. Part numbers starting with “P” are not covered under the 12-month warranty. Other parts listed in this catalog without a “P” prefix part number are covered under the 12-Month Limited Warranty described here. See your dealer for a copy of the limited warranty, which contains additional terms and limitations. Parts installed on a Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge or Jeep® vehicle by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep® dealer are warranted for 12 months/unlimited miles for parts (exchange) only. See your dealer for a copy of the limited warranty, which contains additional terms and limitations.

This is a disclaimer on page 2 of the mopar accessory catalog

TBTn7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to my local Ram dealership today and inquired about leveling/lifts. The leveling ($800ish) is done with some sort of spacer. I said no on that since I recently installed Bilsteins set at 2.1. That left me with about 3/4-1" of rake. Only cost $220.00 total and some cussing! Reversible too.
The 4" lift ($2800ish installed) they use is no longer Superlift parts but BDS. Guy said they had some issues? with Superlift kits and have since went to BDS. I asked about the angle on the drive shaft that goes from transfer case to front differential (due to front diff drop) and he said it would not cause a problem. Also said that the only warranty voiding issue(s) was the on the actual parts that were replaced. No other warrantied parts such as front differential, CV shafts, etc, etc, would be affected/voided by the installation of the lift. No, that was not in writing, but IF I were to do this it would have to be. Last, but not least, he stated that there would be cutting of structural members and there would be no going back once the 4" lift was installed. :( He actually suggested I stay away from the lift due to tempermental (squirrelly) handling caused by alignment issues. I suspect they farm the work out to some other place anyway. There are only a couple places I know of. One is 4 Wheel Parts (this would be my guess) and an independent offroad/performance truck shop. Decisions, decisions.....

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Went to my local Ram dealership today and inquired about leveling/lifts. The leveling ($800ish) is done with some sort of spacer. I said no on that since I recently installed Bilsteins set at 2.1. That left me with about 3/4-1" of rake. Only cost $220.00 total and some cussing! Reversible too.
The 4" lift ($2800ish installed) they use is no longer Superlift parts but BDS. Guy said they had some issues? with Superlift kits and have since went to BDS. I asked about the angle on the drive shaft that goes from transfer case to front differential (due to front diff drop) and he said it would not cause a problem. Also said that the only warranty voiding issue(s) was the on the actual parts that were replaced. No other warrantied parts such as front differential, CV shafts, etc, etc, would be affected/voided by the installation of the lift. No, that was not in writing, but IF I were to do this it would have to be. Last, but not least, he stated that there would be cutting of structural members and there would be no going back once the 4" lift was installed. :( He actually suggested I stay away from the lift due to tempermental (squirrelly) handling caused by alignment issues. I suspect they farm the work out to some other place anyway. There are only a couple places I know of. One is 4 Wheel Parts (this would be my guess) and an independent offroad/performance truck shop. Decisions, decisions.....
If you don't mind Sir , where are you located ?
$2,800 for a 4" BDS kit installed with an alingment is exactly what I was quoted at 4 wheel parts in Bristol Tn.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam