4" or 6" Lift and Bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Silly question but after I install RCX lift and bilstein shocks, do the UCA still need replacing? I'm thinking the suspension lift eliminates the odd angle that pops ball joints.
Am I looking at this wrong?

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure as to the RCX brand, but if the lift bracket keeps the geometry for the control arms the same, you should be good. With the bilsteins, I think it would depend on what setting you plan on running.

OP
OP
lonewolf2873

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the RCX kit says it also levels. I just prefer bilstein over their brand or stock shocks.
Shocks will be run at I'm guessing the lowest setting just above stock.

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would contact Rough Country and ask them. The drop bracket may correct for the both the lift and level. Only reason a level causes problems is because you're changing the suspension geometry without correcting it by dropping it the way a true suspension lift does.

Edit: I'm curious about this now. Seems my level hasn't satisfied my height requirements so I plan on getting an RCX 4". Curious whether I should run my zone's or the stock UCAs when I get it.

armyonfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did your hellwig sway bar make a big difference?

TexasBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rcx

I have a 13 express and when mine was only lifted with the rcx 6in I still had my upper ball joints pop up some so when I put the Bils on at 2.1 I put on the zone control arms and they are much beefier than stock plus they are serviceable

OP
OP
lonewolf2873

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Armyonfire- I love my hellwig! I'm still running at the loosest setting. Next week I'm going to next stiffer setting.
TexasBoy- That's what I was suspecting. I'll do the bilstein and zone setup before lift. THANKS