4" CST spindle lift for 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jramsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey everyone, first post, still learning the search function so please excuse me if there is already threads about this.

I have many ideas for my truck but first things first I want to do the lift. From the short list of options for the 2013 2wd 1500, I have narrowed it down to the 4" CST spindle and rear spacer kit I have seen on performancelifts.com. I'm in no rush to finish this but I hopefully within the next month. Now some questions before I proceed:

Are spindles something I can do myself in my garage? I have experience with aircraft mechanical work, not so much automobiles.

Are the extended brake lines that come with the kit mandatory? Are those something a professional should do?

Will spindles increase track width? If so, are rear wheel spacers okay to use?

How can I tell if I can use my stock wheels and tires (17 inch steels) while I get a hold of new rubber?

If I get 35 inch tires would I need to regear? (I know nothing of what these numbers mean and why: 3.55, 4.10 and what not)

I know this post is packed with rookie questions but any information or links to a thread or place I can educate myself regarding the above inquiries would be awesome.

Thanks again :)
:signs75:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yaaay! Fun Times!

Yes, you can easily do spindles in your driveway.

Extended brake lines are a good idea, I would spend the money.

Spindles will increase your track, but having a wider front track isn't a bad thing.
Yes, you could run rear spacers to compensate.

From all my reading, stock 17" wheels will not clear with the spindles.

35" tires + 4.7 = fairly slow and likely crap MPG. There should be a sticker on your rear axle with your gear ratio. The higher numerically, the snappier your acceleration, but also higher your cruising RPM. (4.10s will do 0-60 quicker than 3.55) It is very common to upgrade gears with a larger wheel / tire package. I would think at least 4.10. Currently there are no aftermarket gear options for the 11+ Rams.

Kevn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with everything said above. I had Cst 3-1/2" spindles on my 2003 cummins 2wd and loved them. Added a 1-1/2" spacer to them for a total of 5" lift and had 3" blocks in the back. Ran 35's with that combo. Without that extra 1-1/2" I don't think the 35's would of fit. If u buy new wheels pay attention to what offset/backspacing cst recommends, I didn't and ended up having to buy a second set

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am fairly confident that I could fit 35s with no lift on the Gen IV.

I plan on learning of 34s (275/65R20s) fit w/o lift.

OP
OP
J

jramsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thanks for the responses guys, I learned something today lol but seriously it all helps make the correct decisions.

OP
OP
J

jramsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I was told that the CST spindles for your truck do not increase track width.

grzmnky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told that the CST spindles for your truck do not increase track width.

well they lied!! haha the cast spindles that i have on my '13 increased the track width around 1.5" each side. not real bad. i have ordered 1.5" rear spacers to make up for it.

Whitehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I so love the way your truck looks. I wish someone made aluminum spindles, something to keep the unsprung weight down.

Thanks! Yes there not light but I try to make up for it in my wheels 17x9 at 22 pounds each . Plus my track with is still stock so ill take the weight .

Last edited:

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah, that's not bad at all. I think all lift spindles increase the track width at least a little.

BULLRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That is correct, All the lift spindles do.....if you were in a bind for cash, the stock brake lines work perfect, you just have to put the left one on the right and the right one on the left, flip them when you put them on and they will fit even at full droop, my fancy braided 125.00 brake lines started leaking so I put these back on and they are DOT OEM, so they are fine...

Boyle1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine