4" Rough Country Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While I'm talking to myself here, add upper mount to the list seeings how the hole has turned into an oval...

Attachments

• 20151203_182107.jpg
    20151203_182107.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another little update here re: the original issues I was having. I ended up replacing the driver side Bilstein and upper mount. Checked over the passenger side Bilstein (all looked good), and swapped out both flimsy RCX strut spacers for BDS. Also had to change both LCA bushings and bolts in the process, as they were seized solid. Anti seize is your friend! Noticed some play in driver side outer tie rod as well, so threw a new one in.

Anyways, was finally able to get my new winter rims and tires mounted yesterday, along with an an alignment. The vibration issues are pretty much gone now, however the rear sway is still present. I've already checked all bolts and bushings, and like I said earlier, have replaced the shocks.

I realize with the short wheelbase it isn't gonna ride like a Caddy anyway, but it was never this bad before. I took it to a reputable shop and mentioned this to them so they could check it over while they had it up. The tech has been doing this for over 30 years and said everything looked good. So I'm a bit stumped here. The only other thing I'm thinking is the coil springs themselves? Anyone else with a regular cab having similar issues?

Has been a good learning experience for me anyway, and I've stock piled a nice collection of tools in the process, lol.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man, nice to be able to drive it again without having my teeth rattle.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you ever get the rear-end sway figured out?
The rear is pretty solid now, since adding Hellwig sway bar and Core upper and lower control arms. Chasing a bump steer feeling though now so seems like it's hard to win. I plan on tearing the RC kit off next year and going with a better option