4in zone vs 4in rough country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking of lifting my truck 4in with bilstein 5100 but can't decide what brand a zone is 2000 plus taxes and I'd either need new wheels or get 1/4in wheel spacers to have the correct backspacing or a rough country is 1600 plus taxes and my wheels would work

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spent the extra money for Zone after many hours searching on here. The majority of people's opinions is the zone is built a little better. I went with bils set at 1.4 up front and I opted for the 3" rear spring and my truck sits level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd thinking about going 6" and be done with it, unless it's a Garage fitting thing or something.

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spent the extra money for Zone after many hours searching on here. The majority of people's opinions is the zone is built a little better. I went with bils set at 1.4 up front and I opted for the 3" rear spring and my truck sits level.

So you'd use the 1/4 wheel spacers

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd thinking about going 6" and be done with it, unless it's a Garage fitting thing or something.

I wanna do a 6in but unfortunately a 4in is barley legal where I am

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The rough country kit is built well. I had one on my Chevy and I abused the hell out of that thing. The biggest difference between the two is the zone kit comes with 3" springs as an option. The rough country doesn't have springs as an option

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a big reason why people go with the zone. It may be more money but you get what you pay for trust me. Go with the 3 inch coils instead of spacers for the rear.

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Zone is owned by BDS and uses a lot of the same parts. Zone is BDS answer to Rough Country, go with the zone kit.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For a dodge I would use zone/bds How ever like a few post back I had a 6 inch rough country on my 02 chevy and I ubused the living **** out of it, I actually tore the 3rd member and one axel shaft in a truck pull at a county fair one year and they lift spacers and bracketry held it all together and didn't break. On the side where I didn't tear the half shaft in two it did separate the half shaft spacer and I called rough country and they replaced it with no hassle and for free. I jumped that thing, pre ran it 100mph down dirt roads, Mud holes/rock crawling you name it... sold it for my ram. but chevy is torsion bar and leafs.. The dodge is coil over and coils, so I think Bds/zone would be better in that aspect.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For a dodge I would use zone/bds How ever like a few post back I had a 6 inch rough country on my 02 chevy and I ubused the living **** out of it, I actually tore the 3rd member and one axel shaft in a truck pull at a county fair one year and they lift spacers and bracketry held it all together and didn't break. On the side where I didn't tear the half shaft in two it did separate the half shaft spacer and I called rough country and they replaced it with no hassle and for free. I jumped that thing, pre ran it 100mph down dirt roads, Mud holes/rock crawling you name it... sold it for my ram. but chevy is torsion bar and leafs.. The dodge is coil over and coils, so I think Bds/zone would be better in that aspect.

Mine was on a 07.5 Chevy with front coils. The only difference will be how the rear lift is achieved on these trucks.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you buy the 6" zone with 3" rear coils, then just don't install the preload spacer and reuse the stock coilovers then you wont have to buy the Bilsteins. The overall height will be exactly the same correct?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take a look at both the RC and ZONE installs and part sheets. I could be wrong but it looks like the 4" RC doesn't give you a rear track bar relocation bracket or control arm relocation brackets to correct the geometry for the increased height. Zone does provide these parts just like they use in the 6" kit.

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Just my 2 cents. I have a rough country 6" lift. Love it. Had a shop install it at a cost of $600. No complaints. Currently have stock struts and springs up front and RC 2.2 perfs and springs for the rear. I cannot complain about the ride quality. It all feels normal, even after I added my Go Rhino bumpers and winch! My advice is if you go with RC, make sure to get their front struts and rear shocks. It's $1399 w/ rear struts, and I think $1600 with front ones here in the US. Where are you located that the lift kits border legality?