4in zone vs 4in rough country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just my 2 cents. I have a rough country 6" lift. Love it. Had a shop install it at a cost of $600. No complaints. Currently have stock struts and springs up front and RC 2.2 perfs and springs for the rear. I cannot complain about the ride quality. It all feels normal, even after I added my Go Rhino bumpers and winch! My advice is if you go with RC, make sure to get their front struts and rear shocks. It's $1399 w/ rear struts, and I think $1600 with front ones here in the US. Where are you located that the lift kits border legality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prince Edward Island east coast of Canada

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Prince Edward Island east coast of Canada

Ha my truck originated in Canada before it wound up in Miami, FL where I purchase it and drove it to my home in Port Jervis, NY.

I'm not well versed in Canadian law. What about the lifts could make them illegal?

Budget is always an issue, but if it's possible for you to wait and save up more, I'd go with an ICON kit. Coil-over Struts w/ reservoirs, shocks, springs and everything else is included for $3500 for 4.5" lift.

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ha my truck originated in Canada before it wound up in Miami, FL where I purchase it and drove it to my home in Port Jervis, NY.

I'm not well versed in Canadian law. What about the lifts could make them illegal?

Think it's only the province I'm in that only alouds us to go 4in over stock bumper height which is stupid cause when I first saw my truck for the first time it had a levelling kit and it looked likes a stock 2500 from the front and cause they say it's too dangerous for you and others

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Think it's only the province I'm in that only alouds us to go 4in over stock bumper height which is stupid cause when I first saw my truck for the first time it had a levelling kit and it looked likes a stock 2500 from the front and cause they say it's too dangerous for you and others

Sounds like it! here in the States, the 2500s have a taller ride height which appears to me to be about 6" higher than the 1500.

DrkRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 crew cab Night Edition
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the Zone 4" lift and love it. Also running stock rims with 2 " BORA spacers with zero problems.

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Zone/bds almost identical kits. The only real difference is the warranty.. Bds's warranty is the best in the industry. Parts & labor if anything happens.. And the 5 year 60,000mile drivetrain protection is a very nice bonus.. If anything goes wrong in your drivetrain and the dealer blames your lift, zone/bds will flip the bill.. That's how confident they are in their product..

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zone/bds almost identical kits. The only real difference is the warranty.. Bds's warranty is the best in the industry. Parts & labor if anything happens.. And the 5 year 60,000mile drivetrain protection is a very nice bonus.. If anything goes wrong in your drivetrain and the dealer blames your lift, zone/bds will flip the bill.. That's how confident they are in their product..

Give the BDS warranty department a call and let me know how that works out :think: If you get past an answering machine that has no employee name or a call back I'll be surprised.

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Ive been talking to bds all week.. Customizing my kit. Also they have a canadian distributor/shop in my city that will fix anything that goes wrong.. Did u have a bad experience with them, or just a rough country sucker?

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're talking to a salesman on the phone who's job is to make a sale.

I've owned both of the lift kits RC on my 12 Ram and BDS on my 17 Ram. Call me names all you want. I didn't say one was better then the other, you just jumped to your own conclusion. I could give you my opinion on both lift kits ride, quality and easy of insulation. Since I did install my lift kit myself.

You're talking up a warranty that you have no clue if it's good or not.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could give you my opinion on both lift kits ride, quality and easy of insulation. Since I did install my lift kit myself.

I'm interested in hearing your opinion on quality and installation

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I didnt mean to call you names, i was just asking if you were suckered by rc. I had a rc kit on a 13 f150 and it was bad. Terrible ride, creeked and cracken when in the bush.. I was not a happy camper.. RC said that it was the shop that installed it must have made a mistake.. It was an off road shop that installed lifts daily.. The shop had told me that the rough country lifts were junk compared to others on the market.. Mabe it was just a bad unit, but i will never buy another rough country product... I didn't meen to bash you personally bud..
Cheets

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
So please share your thoughts on the 2 kits.. I would like to hear your reviews on them..
Cheers

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zone or BDS is all I would ever use. Zone and BDS is basically the same kit.

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about superlift kits? Comparable with Zone or BDS?

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The front half of all the kits are pretty much the same. The back half is where they start to differ. The 4" kits

BDS/Zone - have pinion angle correction brackets the mount to the rear axle. The Panhard bar also mounts to the rear axle. They also have option such as 2" coil spacers or 3" coils. Rear sway bar end links are at a slight angle instead of straight up and down.

Front - sway bar end links have a better design IMO then RC. Comes with an optional strut preload spacer to gain almost a full inch of front lift.(on my truck)

Superlift/Mopar - Panhard bar relocation bracket mounts to the frame. I liked this mount better then the BDS/Zone bracket. Comes with dual rate rear coils. Also has a Bilstein struts/shocks upgrade.

Front - sway bar end links have a better design IMO then RC.

Rough Country - Has no Panhard bar or pinion angle correction brackets. Also only has 2.5" rear coil spring spacers as an option. The rear sway bars end links have a nice offset so they are vertical to the ground and the metal isn't as thick as BDDS/Zone. Finish on parts for the kit isn't the best.

When i was running my 12 Ram with the RC lift I bought the Spohn adjustable Panhard bar along with the Superlift Panhard drop bracket. I also bought Superlift coil springs to eliminate the rear spacers. I installed the Bilstein rear shocks as well but they were to firm for my liking. I didn't do much off roading but the lift preformed fine as a daily driver. I have never driven a Mopar/Superlift to comment on ride quality or front installation.

Last edited:

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^Thanks for the detailed info. Hope someone else with Superlift experience will chime in.