4th Generation Lift for 40s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have a 4th Gen with a lift big enough for 40s or know what kind of lift combo to use to achieve this

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few of us close, and a few custom that have gone well over it, really depends if you want it to be a dd or not. Raw ram's ended with 46s

With my current setup I could run 40s, might have to upgrade to leveling shocks (add like inch or two more in front). And gears etc but I like getting 14 mpg

But roughly 11" of lift in front and 9" of lift in rear should do it

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few of us close, and a few custom that have gone well over it, really depends if you want it to be a dd or not. Raw ram's ended with 46s

With my current setup I could run 40s, might have to upgrade to leveling shocks (add like inch or two more in front). And gears etc but I like getting 14 mpg

But roughly 11" of lift in front and 9" of lift in rear should do it

Thank you for the advice. I have been looking at a Pro Comp Stage I 6" Lift. I have also looked at a few Body Lifts. I just really didn't know what I should be looking for.

OP
OP
N

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FastNugly has a lift big enough for 40s, but he doesn't have flippin 40s.

I tried... I really tried, but nooooooo he doesn't want 40s... >.>

LOL :p

I am looking him up now.

Love the grille and headlights btw...

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FastNugly has a lift big enough for 40s, but he doesn't have flippin 40s.

I tried... I really tried, but nooooooo he doesn't want 40s... >.>

LOL :p

Lol yeah I want 40s but my wheels are too narrow and mpg will be horrible, wife already complains. Lol and thing is a beast but its fun trying to get in and out of tiny parking lots at daycare.

OP
OP
N

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol yeah I want 40s but my wheels are too narrow and mpg will be horrible, wife already complains. Lol and thing is a beast but its fun trying to get in and out of tiny parking lots at daycare.

I totally understand about the mpg being horrible. I had a 2003 3500 with 10" of lift and 40's before this truck and it got horrible mileage. But now that we have commuter vehicles, I am wanting to make this the baddest 1500 in Alabama if possible.

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I totally understand about the mpg being horrible. I had a 2003 3500 with 10" of lift and 40's before this truck and it got horrible mileage. But now that we have commuter vehicles, I am wanting to make this the baddest 1500 in Alabama if possible.

Nice, the other day I drove by a 8" long arm lifted f250 that had a sticker saying the persons name and monster. I was thinking man that truck looks huge, then when I pulled along side him realized my mirrors were higher than his.....:naughty: kinda made me chuckle, than I realized I need not go bigger

OP
OP
N

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice, the other day I drove by a 8" long arm lifted f250 that had a sticker saying the persons name and monster. I was thinking man that truck looks huge, then when I pulled along side him realized my mirrors were higher than his.....:naughty: kinda made me chuckle, than I realized I need not go bigger

LOL, that is awesome. I have a 4th gen 2500 that is parked right next to my work and he is on 8" with 37's. So I am determined to have a larger ride with 40's.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
^^What he said 40's will take some work to achieve...6" lift, 3" body, the right offset wheel, gears to push them bad boys(4.56), and a tuner...dont run 40's on stock 3.55 gears youll kill the tranny...but 40's can be done...if you don't mind getting yardage instead of mileage lol

OP
OP
N

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^What he said 40's will take some work to achieve...6" lift, 3" body, the right offset wheel, gears to push them bad boys(4.56), and a tuner...dont run 40's on stock 3.55 gears youll kill the tranny...but 40's can be done...if you don't mind getting yardage instead of mileage lol

Thank you for the info on the gears. What kind of tuner do you recommend?

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Well whenever they come out for the 2012's! As of now there arent any available...but DiabloSport Trinity whenever it gets released lol

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Are you a 4wd or a 2wd nickaliRAM ?

If 2wd .. you could go with a CST 7" lift and a body
Or
4WD ..any 6" and a body ..

Need any pricing just PM me