5 Inch Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

crazywoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
You're doing this all wrong man.. Especially posting a picture of a readylift product.

It is kinda silly to buy a 4" lift and then add spacers on top of it to acquire 1" more. If you think 35s will look small on a 6".. Then 1" less will not make a huge difference. It would make way more sense to just buy a 6" lift and be done.. Rather than stacking spacers or buying different components.

If you would take 10 mins to read up on rcx kits you will (should) change your way of thinking.

... The width of a tire doesn't change. But fine, stay with whatever tire/rim combo you want.. But you should reconsider "building" your own lift like that.

Doing a little more research and reading up will go a long ways.

IMO

Im not trying to slap together a lift kit here.. I just took a look at the bds 4 inch lift kit with the 3 inch rear spacer option and thats exactly what i was looking for..

You should do a little more research perhaps because everyone of these spacer lift kits are basically the same.. They all use a metal spacer ontop to the struts. Its different if you compare them too a full coilover setup.. Metal is metal my friend. Sure the rcx struts may be junk but im replaceing them with bilsteins any way if i was going to go that route..

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
66-1031.jpg

could i stack something like this in the rear (1 inch spacer) in-between the coil and the new 4 inch lift rear spacer?there for giving me 5 inch of rear lift and then i can adjust my bilsteins up front accordingly

im not trying to slap together a lift kit here.. I just took a look at the bds 4 inch lift kit with the 3 inch rear spacer option and thats exactly what i was looking for..

you should do a little more research perhaps because everyone of these spacer lift kits are basically the same..

if you mount a 12.5 inch wide tire on a 9 inch wide rim, compared to a 10 it will look more skinny then a 10.. The wider the rims the more the tires will stretch out..its going to look wider on a 10 inch rim compared to a 9.. This is what i mean.

thats what i'm getting at, i'm not sure if theres any company other that makes a rear spacer to make the truck level at around 5 inches in the rear.

Research completed.

The horse has been led to water..

I wish you the best.

imo

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
WOW ! ! ! WOW ! ! !

Please No more Sarcasm. It's confusing to some , especially when they don't know your KIDDING.

Advice to crazywoody :

If I wer you Sir , I'd spend a LOTS of time reading multiple post in the 4th Gen lifted area.
There is a ton of tried & tested info there!
Info on lifts , lift components " the do's & the don't )
Tire size info , spacers vs's coils , shocks ect ect ...
Lots of the good , bad and the UGLY pertaining to lift kits and such .

Welcome to the forum and best of luck .

Last edited:

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
WOW ! ! ! WOW ! ! !

Please No more Sarcasm. It's confusing to some , especially when they don't know your KIDDING.

Very true.
I deleted my accurate, most helpful information... Replaced it with what he wanted to hear... After I figured out I was wasting my time and told to do more research.

But you're right lol.. I forget this is public sometimes.. And someone would read that and actually believe this bs.

IMO

Last edited:

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I didnt have time to read the whole thread but i would just go with a 4" and 35s if you want 35s and a 6" and 37s if you want 37s. They wont look that small on a 20" rim.

You can keep the bils at stock height unless you decide you want less rake(with the 4inch im not sure if there is rake). You can put them up to 2.8 on a 6" lift and be just a little low in the front which looks good.

Just make sure you get a lift with coil springs in the back and not the rcx spacer lift. Incase you want to add spacers on top of the coils

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hopefully this thread will sink it's way to the bottom. Then if he were to come back to do another hit and run... Will hopefully be a little more willing to receive the information, being asked.

I probably came off wrong after the first "mopar lift" ..

IMO

Last edited: