6" Pro Comp Lift Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I got my truck back from the dealer today finally with a 6" Pro Comp lift installed. The truck still has a 2" rake in the front. I haven't decided to raise the front or drop the back, but I'm leaning towards raising the front with adjustable Bilsteins.

My first impressions are, man this thing is big! I have to be honest, it's taller than I thought it was going to be. The ride is great; I think it is every bit as good as it was before, if not a little better.

They ended up having to fab a spacer so I could keep my factory rims. Dealer felt the safest spacers they could give me would be custom-fit steel spacers. They are 2" spacers which is the smallest the guy could make out of steel, thus making my tires stick out a little more than I had thought... which leaves me thinking flares will soon be in my future.

I think it needs 37s next set of tires. And the Mud Grapplers; these Trail Grapplers just don't look "tough" enough for me.

I didn't feel right about taking pictures of my truck on concrete since it is no longer limited to paved streets so I went out behind my house around a retention pond. But enough with the talking, how about some pics. I know you guys like pictures, so I took lots of them!

Before:

a3529d9a.jpg

After:

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

Didn't get carried away with flexing since no spotter, but I know this can go a lot more. Plus I know everything is still pretty stiff, but here's a little something to help it start loosening up :)

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Measurements BEFORE:
front - 39.75"
rear 40.5"

Measurements AFTER:
front - 44"
rear - 46"

I have to admit this looks like a solidly built kit. It even has a spacer somewhere inside the transmission case to keep the factory angle of the driveshaft. (I think I said that right).

Some pictures of the lift itself:

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Nice. Looks good

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks sweet! I just got my Zone kit installed. I am in the same boat...I need larger tires. I did need spacers for my front wheels. I need to install my gears now.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks for all the compliments!!

Thank you for the info. You truck looks freekin sweet! If I had somewhere to take mine off road like that I would. What size lift for the rear? Must be a 3". Mine is 5" lift in the rear and it sets 48". I still have a 1.5" rake but I can't raise my front anymore. I like the rake I have now.

How is the power? Not bad huh? I have 3.55 rear and mine does great with 37's.

Your truck looks great! I like that color!

Sure thing man. He told me it was 6" in the back and supposed to be 6" in the front but that's not obviously the case. It was getting dark, so I'll try to remember to take measurements again. From what I can tell, the rear ended up being 5.5" and the front 4.25" and I know when they say 6" lift, it's not really going to be exactly 6" so...

But your 37s give you an extra 1" of height than my 35s, so yours is sitting 1" taller than mine if you want to get technical. :)

I saw the power loss when I put the 35s on, with just the lift I can't tell anything is different. Plus my programmer, K&N, and exhaust help to offset the power loss from the 35s.

Looks sweet! I just got my Zone kit installed. I am in the same boat...I need larger tires. I did need spacers for my front wheels. I need to install my gears now.

Gears are definitely on my list but they will be down the road some time. I don't need larger tires, but I sure want them.

Get this, my brother in law is going to look at Rams tomorrow to possibly trade in his 2010 Challenger R/T and he's going to be looking at 4x4 Sports. We already discussed about lifting it and he might be able to take my 35s off my hands so I could get 37s. That would work out perfect, but we'll see how things go if the price is right for him.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Looks great bud, the truck looks tuff as a ****.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Gotcha...I have a 3" bl...plus I am waiting on my damn Bilstein shocks...so larger tires are a MUST now! I'm wondering if a 13.50 vs a 12.50 will fit ok.

Now kidding, so are you at 9" of lift now? I would think 13.5s would be better if you can get a measurement of leftover space now that'd be a good start

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Wow looks great, and yep need bigger tires.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
looks AWESOME!

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks guys! Sick and beastly is the look I want. :)
Scott, sounds like we have the same problem... we end up buying the wrong tires! I can say that the most money single-handedly spent on my last 3 trucks were all related to tires. Mud terrains, 2 all terrains, THEN mud terrains, now this truck. As long as I'm in this area I think I'll keep my Discount Tire in business.