6" RCX lift install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
can anyone point out a specific reason or part of the lift that is sub par compared to others? it looks like the same components as the other kits.

Don't know if they've improved but the welds on the bolts on the strut spacers were minimal and I ended up breaking both sides when I was disassembling the front end. I know I could've just retacked, but swapped with BDS spacers which were night and day difference. Other than that I haven't had any issues so far.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went by the shop today. Flipped the shocks and no more squeaking. Apparently the eye was rubbing against the mount. No more noise.

Been noticing that same squeek recently, this is awesome that you found a fix for yours because this is a good starting point for me

RAMUSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can Tell You guys one thing that is interesting to know before buying an RC 6" lift kit and that is if Your truck comes with 17" wheels like mine does This kit will force You to buy bigger wheels like 18" or 20" because it Doesn't work definitelly on 17's they (RC) told me that I'm ****** up even if I try fitting Any size Of wheel spacers. That ***** me up after I saw that ZONE KITS allows to use your factory 17's. Maybe next time I will try to buy Zone. Hope This help anyone in the future.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
a few people ****** **** about the rough country lifts but not one single person points out specifics on why its a lesser lift. only thing i see is its spacers front and rear instead of coils which might not be a bad thing if you like the stock springs.

can anyone point out a specific reason or part of the lift that is sub par compared to others? it looks like the same components as the other kits.

I've pointed this out in almost every thread that comes through the forum.

Rough Country's rear lift setup is sub par to say the least. Any kit that only offers spacers for the rear is not a good option. It's a cheap way of doing it, and not as good or safe to run as it essentially creates a hinge point in the rear suspension. Small spacers aren't as big of an issue, large ones like what RCX provides on their 6" lift is.
The finish quality on the lift is not as good as some of the other brands out there. (No I'm not saying they're all better than Rough Country). I know a few years ago their steering knuckles didn't even come finished; they were raw steel that rusted as soon as you took them out of the box. That may have changed since then but I haven't seen anyone confirm that. Personally I don't want a brand new lift on my truck looking rusty in no time. The lift component finish should be the nicest looking thing under the truck, not the worst.
There's also been issues where Rough Country sends out the wrong differential drop brackets with their kit for the given year truck which then leads to either the front diff not being able to be installed or a terrible front pinion angle. Obviously this isn't a problem that a guy wants to have mid install on a truck that he relies on. And yes I've seen this quite a few times not just once or twice.
A couple guys that I know of have also had rear driveline issues with the rear control arms that RCX provides being the wrong length which again creates a terrible pinion angle.
Then there's their customer service. It's an absolutely **** show to say the least. Tons of members on the forum have had nothing but issues with them. This is obviously something you never want to deal with.

At the end of the day spending a little bit more money for a Zone or Superlift kit, or even better, a BDS kit is totally worth it for what you're getting over RCX. Very few people have issues with any of those kits and if they do, it's generally do to an install error not the product itself.

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if you have already looked or anyone else has said this but check out zone lifts, I'm planning on getting their 4" sometime in the future. I've seen great reviews from plenty of users on ram forum. No I am not a salesman or anything either, just wanted to throw my .02 in there