6in lift on blilsteins front driveshaft noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
no issues on 2wd but took it offroad into a sand pit for my dirtbike and you can definitely hear the 4wd driveshaft rubbing once 4wd is activated. Anyone else having this issue? any ideas to correct it without having to get a custom shaft made

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
double check, it might be the hoses near the radiator. Crazy as it sounds i thought I had a crazy driveline noise as well it wound up being the fluid pumping through the hard hoses and they are solid mounted to the body near the radiator. Few foam isolators later its was good to go.

OP
OP
C

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
at flat level the driveshaft is almost fully lock down. im 110 percent sure its the driveshaft as its only making noise when the 4wd is engaged and going off rough terrain. i can see the touch marks. i have the spacer installed that came with the rc kit but loooks like the angle is still too steep

double check, it might be the hoses near the radiator. Crazy as it sounds i thought I had a crazy driveline noise as well it wound up being the fluid pumping through the hard hoses and they are solid mounted to the body near the radiator. Few foam isolators later its was good to go.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
What is it rubbing on? And what is the front pinion angle at? If that's too steep it will create issues for sure. I've seen multiple occasions where RCX has sent out the incorrect front diff drop brackets for the year of truck which will cause the front pinion angle to be way out. That may be your problem.

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
A better question would be did you drop your transfer case at least 2 - 3"??

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A better question would be did you drop your transfer case at least 2 - 3"??

Why on earth would anyone want to do that with a 6" lift?!

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Why on earth would anyone want to do that with a 6" lift?!

Because you have to on IFS system , anything more than 2.8" lift on the front end needs to drop the TC to keep the geometry angles somewhat straight for the CV axles

OP
OP
C

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
when it rubs its rubbing inside the driveshaft it self. if you see here where the driveshaft is at a angle and almost touching where it goes into the tcase thats like mine. its sitting like that at flat ground. when in 4wd and going over some rough terrain i hear it rubbing 1058167.jpg

What is it rubbing on? And what is the front pinion angle at? If that's too steep it will create issues for sure. I've seen multiple occasions where RCX has sent out the incorrect front diff drop brackets for the year of truck which will cause the front pinion angle to be way out. That may be your problem.

OP
OP
C

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
u have to drop the tcase or did u mean the front diff. the diff got dropped with the brackets provided by rough country. as far as a transfer case drop there was nothing in the kit nor mentioned about it

Because you have to on IFS system , anything more than 2.8" lift on the front end needs to drop the TC to keep the geometry angles somewhat straight for the CV axles