Actual level provided by Bilstein?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I measured the distance from the ground to the top of the wheel openings on my truck. The height difference between the front and rear is 2 7/8" on the left side and 2 3/4" on the right side. I've seen a few posts where someone put their 5100's at the 2.8" setting and ended up higher in the front than the rear. It appears I'm very close (in theory) to getting perfectly level with the 2.8 assuming the 5100's yield exactly that amount. Is this one of those things that just varies from one truck to another?

Due to the ridiculous prices shops want to install these I'm probably going to end up doing it myself so I don't want to have to go back in and change the setting if I can avoid it.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, it can vary from truck to truck.... I have mine set @ 2.8 and my truck sits level without any rear spacers. Worst case if you go with the 2.8 and it sits a little nose high get yourself some coil spacers for the rear. They are cheap, quick, and easy to install.

jljbtm

Reaction score
I'm going to put mine in this week and I'm going to set them on the second notch from the top. Because a little bit of lean is fine once I put an 800-pound machine in there then it's level

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2014 at 2.8 my front is about 1/2 taller. I like it.

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I measured the distance from the ground to the top of the wheel openings on my truck. The height difference between the front and rear is 2 7/8" on the left side and 2 3/4" on the right side. I've seen a few posts where someone put their 5100's at the 2.8" setting and ended up higher in the front than the rear. It appears I'm very close (in theory) to getting perfectly level with the 2.8 assuming the 5100's yield exactly that amount. Is this one of those things that just varies from one truck to another?

Due to the ridiculous prices shops want to install these I'm probably going to end up doing it myself so I don't want to have to go back in and change the setting if I can avoid it.

I have Bils in the front at 2.8 and Bils in the back and I am level.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I read that after a few miles they may "settle" some too and may be slightly lower than when you first installed them.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I have a 6" RCX lift with Bils set at 2.1 (second from top setting). Front Looks level or just a little higher than the rear.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine with bils at 2.8 and stock rear is dead level. This is a crew cab hemi btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halfchrome

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 bighorn sxt
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have my 2017 Crew with 6.4 box set at 2.8 with a 1.5" spacer in the rear. It has about 3/4" rake on it when measuring from the ground to the highest point on the wheel wells. IMO this looks more correct since the bottom of the body is about level from and back. It may just be my truck but if the wheel well height's are perfectly level at the wheel wells then the front of your cab will be slightly taller off the ground then the rear(when measured from the pinch welds to the ground) of it which just looks wrong to me.